Best exhaust for gen 2

sixpack577

Top Gun
Registered
Still have yet to find a Micron Serpent set for my bike so I found my next unicorn....

....titanium Yoshi Hepta Force slip ons.
Yoshimura Japan makes a full dual exhaust for the Busa, with cf mufflers.
But not the cheapest or easiest thing to find either.
If you can find old posts by Don Hardcastle, he had several pics of it, and was going to buy one.

ROADTOAD1340

Registered
Thanks for your input. I had a ti-force on my gen 1 it was magnificent.

View attachment 1586464
That is a real tasty Gen 1 bro , I notice that nice set of front calipers ,
Yoshimura Japan makes a full dual exhaust for the Busa, with cf mufflers.
But not the cheapest or easiest thing to find either.
If you can find old posts by Don Hardcastle, he had several pics of it, and was going to buy one.
On sale right now on webike japan
https://japan.webike.net/products/2094681.html
Like six says not cheap !!

sixpack577

Top Gun
Registered
That is a real tasty Gen 1 bro , I notice that nice set of front calipers ,

On sale right now on webike japan
https://japan.webike.net/products/2094681.html
Like six says not cheap !!
Wow, that full dual Yoshimura has catalytic converters/catalizers in the X pipe!
I've never seen an aftermarket full system with them before!
I'll *assume* that's Japanese emission regulations??(since that's a Japanese market exhaust).
Regardless, I'de buy(and have owned) a full dual Akropovic. No cats, and a little cheaper.
And, next time I go unicorn hunting, I'll just ask the old Toad where they're all hiding.

Bumblebee

Registered
I did a search but found nothing on a compilation of aftermarket exhaust hp increases to identify which exhaust makes the most power. I would imagine most full exhausts should be similar in hp increases, and most slip on exhaust should be similar.

How it sounds is a personal thing, I am not a fan of real loud exhaust but others are obviously.

Does such a compilation exist?

sixpack577

Top Gun
Registered
I did a search but found nothing on a compilation of aftermarket exhaust hp increases to identify which exhaust makes the most power. I would imagine most full exhausts should be similar in hp increases, and most slip on exhaust should be similar.

How it sounds is a personal thing, I am not a fan of real loud exhaust but others are obviously.

Does such a compilation exist?
From what I've seen over the years, there are lots of variables to consider, dyno, tuner, elavation, weather, individual bike, blah, blah.
Most aftermarket exhausts make similiar numbers, but Brocks, Akropovic, and Ti-Force, as well as the side exit, and the old HMF Big Birds, seemed to make a little more than the competition.
You could also argue what's best for the street(useable power throughout the rpm range) vs a drag pipe(making more power higher up).
But it really does boil down to just whatever you like best. In most cases(with full systems) you're not really going to feel alot of difference between pipes.
Maybe the placebo effect if you switch to something louder.
For hard facts, this is more of a PowerHouse question. What have they typically seen for non turbo exhausts(when tuned).

ROADTOAD1340

Registered
Wow, that full dual Yoshimura has catalytic converters/catalizers in the X pipe!
I've never seen an aftermarket full system with them before!
I'll *assume* that's Japanese emission regulations??(since that's a Japanese market exhaust).
Regardless, I'de buy(and have owned) a full dual Akropovic. No cats, and a little cheaper.
And, next time I go unicorn hunting, I'll just ask the old Toad where they're all hiding.
Yeah , I seen that on another pipe for their Jap market models also , I think you maybe able to contact Yoshi about some sort of delete / freedom fix ... Anyway , the other full Ti 4-1 Racing Yoshimura pipe , the real deal absolutely beautiful titanium exhaust , the ultimate grail pipe for me , just because it is so hard to afford / justify !!
I stick to my CT Meg Brocks , the absolutely lightest exhaust out there !!

Mr Brown

Registered
As sixpack and others have said, exhaust is purely subjective. Even sound clips aren't 100% reliable because the hardware you're listening through has limitations. I've had a gutted Yosh full system (raspy), Muzzy full system (loud and deep),unbaffled Muzzy sidewinder (effin LOUD) and now a high dollar whistly thingie (quieter than the sidewinder, but still loud). Each sounded good in their own way, and made power, but the delivery was different. I have video clips of the sidewinder at the track and the turbo running down the road, but again sound clips are limited.....Best think to do is find someone local who's bike sounds like what you want and see what setup they have. Also keep in mind what it sounds like riding is completely different than what others hear while you ride.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
phill0114 What's The Best Exhaust For The Gen 2? General Bike Related Topics 12
C Current best bang for the buck exhaust system? Gen II Busa Information 32
T Best place to purchase exhaust for my new 17 Busa Gen II Busa Information 16
N best exhaust for a drag hayabusa??? lets see your pics General Bike Related Topics 5
B Best Exhaust (Performance vs. Sound Wise) Modifications & Aftermarket Equipment 20
riccoh Need new exhaust who has the best deals now days Gen II Busa Information 20
rubbersidedown I like this exhaust the best of all of them General Bike Related Topics 27
nodnil Best exhaust for the strip stock motor 1/4 Mile 10
S Is this the best 4-2 full exhaust system? Engine and Performance mods 14
Mythos What exhaust gaskets are best? Gen II Busa Information 15
BehBehaNi what is the best rough & awful exhaust New Owners Forum 11
2 best way to elimate one of my exhaust pipes?? New Owners Forum 28
H Best Exhaust Sound Ever!!!!!!! Gen II Busa Information 34
M Best slip-on exhaust? General Bike Related Topics 18
arek1200r Best looking exhaust for king ...(imo) B-King General Discussion 7
H Best Full System Exhaust Modifications & Aftermarket Equipment 60
Mojo Slip-on exhaust best price?? Gen II Busa Information 7
Billy Busa Best dual Exhaust Gen II Busa Information 11
Billy Busa Best Dual Exhaust Random Thoughts 0
S BEST EXHAUST Gen II Busa Information 66
T best exhaust pipes? General Bike Related Topics 28
Avitar Best Exhaust System Appearance mods 23
H Best Full exhaust Engine and Performance mods 20
ks-waterbug Best 06 Busa Full Exhaust System! Random Thoughts 8
Aquaman Best price to get a full exhaust please General Bike Related Topics 7
D What is the best full exhaust system under $1k? General Bike Related Topics 19
craigntx best "quiet" exhaust? General Bike Related Topics 23
J Best place to get exhaust General Bike Related Topics 8
P THE BEST EXHAUST General Bike Related Topics 29
R Which  Exhaust System is  best for busa?? Busa Mods 27
bigdog2005 WHAT IS THE BEST EXHAUST SET UP ? New Owners Forum 20
L Exhaust Whats The Best? General Bike Related Topics 6
CYCLEERIC Whats the best full exhaust ????? General Bike Related Topics 3
kb97 best exhaust? General Bike Related Topics 2
K Best Afermarket Exhaust General Bike Related Topics 10
O Exhaust pipe question, no, not which one is best! General Discussion 5
O which aftermarket exhaust is the best ? Modifications & Aftermarket Equipment 0
O Best exhaust system? Modifications & Aftermarket Equipment 22
rubbersidedown Big props to member Mathewrussell52...Org at its best Random Thoughts 4
V ‘00 CCT best option for boosted engine Turbo 9
rubbersidedown A MUST read? New York's Best Seller List? I must have...I must have... General Bike Related Topics 16
B sidestand and its best use Busa Mods 5
Moni112 Best wheels Busa Mods 10
rubbersidedown Best/Worst job(s) you've ever had Random Thoughts 32
O Where is the best place to get maintenance questions answered? New Owners Forum 22
rubbersidedown What are your people best known for around the world Random Thoughts 20
rubbersidedown Testing the waters...Looking for a best offer Bikes 34
J Best tires for the busa & best sprockets General Bike Related Topics 48
Sandow Best Car Sales Ad EVER Off Topic 0
Kiwi Rider Motorcycle Shop Christmas Party's are the BEST!!! General Bike Related Topics 16