best economical printer

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
Well I'm a new grampa for the first time and am looking
to go crazy printing pics.

The printer I have (cannon) is fairly decent but ink is $$$$
and they don't refill at walgreens for example.

So I am looking for a high picture quality printer that is economical
ink wise.

Suggestions please...

I have an Hp office jet. Think it's a 6500? Prints excellent pics and I get lots of em out of ink carts.

Cheapest route is uploading the pics to Walgreens. :) pick them up an hour later.

528px-Crayola-64.jpg

:laugh:

oh that's a lot of help...obviously you've never seen me color :laugh:

I've got a Kodak ESP 5250.

Brought it because the ink supposed to be the cheapest around.
The cartridges are cheap but they don't seem to last that long.

Just a heads up in case you consider one of these.

Cheapest route is uploading the pics to Walgreens. :) pick them up an hour later.

My mom does that. Only thing I notice is that some low res pics or ones that aren't as perfect as they should be come out a little more blurry from Walgreens than if I print same pic at home? But she does it all the time.

Kodak is supposed to be the most economical.The ink is cheap and they actually print nice.The brother is supposed to be good also

Printing at home for a quick convience with color is ok...the black and white documents for day to day business / bill records. With the holidays going on...if you look for deals you may find a mail in rebate where you make out ok. I am all for saving the file and having a place like the mentioned wallgreens, staples / any office supply place print the image...or better yet a photography studio. The cost for your images may be more but the quality will be similar to wedding photos. Equally well...a studio can scan old photos and reproduce numerous images. The cost of ink has pushed me to use a printing service.

I have noticed photo quality printers are rather cheap to buy. But they get you with the ink refills. Now look at the cost of photo quality paper. I also would use it for a few documents every now and then. I noticed more often then not the ink would have dried up between uses. There are some printers that have a "park" function and it covers the ink passageways to prevent them from drying out.

In the end I found it was more cost effective to upload my pics to Costco, Walgreens, Walmart, or what have you. As for the document printing I just use kinkos or something like that. I let them shoulder the cost of the equipment. Just remember the copiers have a hard drive and keep a record of everything printed or copied so no personal information.

The only route is a laser printer. You can get a bw one for $100 or so, and toner lasts forever compared to ink

Back