Best dot drag tire?

Danfaster

Registered
I've been running the shinko ultra soft for the last couple of years and it's ok. Is there another that is dot but more for racing. The Mickey Thompson seems to be the next choice, but I can't find one locally through my bike shop. Not to worried about street, I just want a reasonable wearing tire for the track that hooks good....no..great. I have a 6 inch stretch with a 1397 and a dry shot 44jet. I want consistency and a hard launch. Best time to date with some tuning issue is a 9.27 @ 155..getting a little better...60 ft is 1.54. Need a tire for the Grand Bend race on June 19th...and of course to race on the harley day :)

Shinko is going to be the most reasonable. The Power 1 is a great tire, just little more costly. The MT is a great track tire, but I wouldn't put it on the street for long.
Posted via Mobile Device

I recently found a good respectfull and very cheap place to but tires on line,,derbycycles.net out of kentucky,,last week I was looking to replace a pilot power that i liked that i put on my bike a few yrs ago,,its a semi soft and hooks up good,,feels like a new pair of shocks compared to the factory brigstone,,,I searched everywhere and found them to be the cheapest,,I paid 110.00 for the rear and 73.00 for the front with no tax and free fedex shipping,,I also bought 2 ebc sets of front brakes for 59.00 for the pair from them.. I dont race on the track but the michlems do hook good with a nice ride to boot,,,im running a 04 busa, with P.C and a 40 dryshot with 16%more fuel @100% throttle @ 7000 rpms,,,Im new here ,,so hello to everyone,,,,,bobber ,,,,,,,,,,,,,P.s the power 1 is cheap there too,,,,,nice site,

Last edited:
Shinko is going to be the most reasonable. The Power 1 is a great tire, just little more costly. The MT is a great track tire, but I wouldn't put it on the street for long.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have a spare rim to install a tire on, so I'm not concerned about the street. How much better is the MT for launching hard. I can get a shinko but want consistent traction on a dot tire. What kind of price for an MT and I need it before the middle of June to test and tune. What about you vendors out there..chime in with any helpful suggestions or product.

Can't speak much for the shinko, but I'm running the power 1 right now. Best performing tire I've rode.

the M/T Shootout tire is the best....

you can get the other tires to work....but the M/T is the lightest and the best.

Problem is: it cannot be used on the street, and it wears really fast.

if money is an issue, try the new Shinko....it hooks great, but if you can afford it. go with the M/T.

I like the Hoosier....:thumbsup:
I will contact Daniel at Cloud nine, he's always treated my good. The MT is probably the tire I'll get. It just has to be in time for the street bike shoot out at Grand Bend Ontario on June 19th weekend. Maybe I'll run into a member at the track.

You will be amazed at how hard the new shinko hook up hooks awesome tire I run 28lbs and it still hooks too hard it will bog at 7000 rpm launch and for the money best tire on the market good wear time also:thumbsup::bowdown:

I'll call ya in the am Dan been doing kid stuff last few days and they wore me out,lol..:thumbsup:there should be no problem on tire if we do it via usps priority.

Back