Best decals/stickers for aftermarket paint job

umairhashmi

Registered
i had a little mishap around 2 months ago. My left side of the bike was rashed up and i found out OEM plastics would cost me around 800 bucks or so. I have a first gen (2006) busa. Luckily i found a nice mom n pop type shop that would paint the entire bike for only $250 if i take out everything myself and just give them the stuff needed to be painted.
Now the issue is i realized a lot of badges and decals are UNDER the clearcoat and i know this guy is going to use the paint which has the clear already mixed in. So i need stickers/badges that i can put on afterwards. What are my best options that would look decent? I want the bike to look as stock as possible.

Do they look Okay if you put them on AFTER the bike has been painted? I will also need the S one for the tank.

A lot of guys remove the S on the tank along with the warning labels when they first buy their Busa. I think it looks good either way.

You can get anything you want from tapeworks or the others. Not an expert, but you would probably want some clear coat after installation.

Of course the factory decals aren't. Lots of guys remove the factory decals also.

Don't know if this was included in the links, but you may check out Tape Works. A large selection and good quality.

Don't know if this was included in the links, but you may check out Tape Works. A large selection and good quality.

Im wondering if i should go ahead and put the tapeworks stuff on without actually getting the paint job done? Wouldnt it hide the rash and scratches? But im assuming you would need to put these on professionally.

No requirement to have it done professionally. People on the board do it all the time. Instructions are included and if you have questions you can call them. Just remember they aren't open on the weekend? :whistle:

No requirement to have it done professionally. People on the board do it all the time. Instructions are included and if you have questions you can call them. Just remember they aren't open on the weekend? :whistle:

Tapeworks is nice but a little outta my price range. Im paying 250 to repaint my whole bike. I have seen decal/sticker sets on ebay for less than 50 bucks. I understand that you get what you pay for but i just need the bike to say what it is. So any cheap options?

Back