Best chain prices.

RandyEicher

Registered
Who has the best delivered price on a chain? I'm just looking for a decent, capable chain for as little as possible.
Posted via Mobile Device

Best deal will be for a chain and sprocket kit. You never want to just change the chain or you will be throwing your money away. Stock gearing wit an RK chain and steel sprockets can be had for about $225.

Where at? I was hoping to do a chain only, the sprockets look pretty good. The bike sat for a while and the o-rings dry rotted and the chain is rusty.
Posted via Mobile Device

Check with Justin from honda east..he had a thread in his forum on this board saying he had chains for board members in stock.:thumbsup:

Read two threads lately with chain failure, Get the best one, make sure it's the right one and then put the price in 3 rd place. :laugh:

Chain failures can cost you big in injuries and engine casing damage :beerchug: I got mine from Cloud Nine sprockets and chain package

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/1-4-mile/150502-chain-broke-strip.html
Thanks for the info Busa... Luckily, my baby will spend 0 minutes at the strip. I got that out if my system 15 years ago on air cooled GSXR's.
Posted via Mobile Device

You absolutely do not want to go cheap on a chain with a bike as powerful as a Busa! I just checked eBay searching "Hayabusa RK" and came up with a decent deal for chain and sprockets ($235 shipped), but I think you can find it cheaper.

If your bike is low mileage, like 5000 miles, you could skip the sprockets. Check the chain for it's tight and loose spots. If there is little variation from tightest to loosest, you should be ok with the original sprockets.

Back