Best Cell phone company?

Blue'87GT

Registered
I'm rotating back to the USA after being in Asia for nearly five years. When I left Boston, Verizon was clearly the best company for cell phone reception in the area, and their prices were some of the best I could find. I'm sure things have changed drastically in the past five years...is there a clear cut best company to go with these days? FWIW, looking at going with an Android based phone as well.

Maybe it depends on where you stand?

Out here in California, Verizon is the best coverage all over the state. We learned this the hard way with the Pashnit Touring Co, all the rides we were doing.. All the fellas that had Verizon always had signals in some of our remote places we stay and along the ride, and the guys with AT&T had squat.

I finally switch over to Verizon because of that + I'm constantly traveling on the bike.

Verizon in Oklahoma too... Man they have great coverage and no dropped calls.. .

The Government likes Verizon. Most bug coverage in the US.

AT&T is what I have. iPhone 5 unlimited data (grandfathered) 550 family rollover mins, family text.

AT&T is free to call any AT&T phone and getting family text let you call any mobile phone for any carrier free (family text bonus) being most people just use a cell anymore you wont whoop threw your mins.
I think AT&T is the best of all of them. It has the most towers and most 4G+ no matter what any other carrier AD says.

at work I would call a friend who was Verizon just to bust on him (50 feet away) it would go to voice mail and his phone was on.

Verizon in the south, you pay more but that old saying comes to mind (you pay for what you get)

Maybe it depends on where you stand?

Out here in California, Verizon is the best coverage all over the state. We learned this the hard way with the Pashnit Touring Co, all the rides we were doing.. All the fellas that had Verizon always had signals in some of our remote places we stay and along the ride, and the guys with AT&T had squat.

I finally switch over to Verizon because of that + I'm constantly traveling on the bike.

stay away from at&t..

Verizon in the south, you pay more but that old saying comes to mind (you pay for what you get)

Oh boy, been with Alltel since 1986 from memory. Bag Phone :laugh: Never had an issue, been all over. However they've been bought out by AT&T recently. We shall see.

I have US Cellular and have been with them for 3 years now. No issues so far. I had Verizon and my phone would not ring or let me talk. I was with in 2 miles of 2 stores. They came and did a study and found out my house sat in a dead zone that no Verizon phone would work there. My wife could sit beside me and talk on her phone. She was with US Cell at the time and that is the reason I switched. Like someone else said. It depends where you stay or live. US Cell and Verizon would be at the top of my list. Best of luck

Verizon hands down has the best nationwide service. But they're the most expensive from what I've seen. Had AT&T and was kicked off for being a frequent off network user after having a Cingular/AT&T phone for 5+ years. Will never go back after that

Back