best cam for 08 hayabusa

jones2507

Registered
Im looking at getting a stock bore drop in higher compression piston kit and want to know if I should upgrade the cam too if so which brand and size im new to the internal engine mods and also if there is a good brand for piston kits thanks guys

btw: my bike has factory pro velocity stacks bmc air filter full brocks alien head exhaust +2 rear sprocket and im not a drag racer just want to be king of the streets

You can PM some of the mechanics here, GIXERHP, Goldenchild, etc.

The Gen I had a pistons cam mod that created around 200 HP back in the day. Have not heard about anyone doing this to a Gen II.

Well if there is a cam piston mod for the Gen II I'd hope it would take you beyond 200.

Honestly with how lightly sprung a Gen2 comes from the factory, i wouldn't recommend any cams with out a re spring.
The valve seat pressure is so low, any good high lift cam, may cause problems.
And there is only 1 upgraded valve spring for a Gen2.
If it was me, i would replace all the Ti valves for stainless, and a set of 65lb Carpenter springs and add the cams that would fit your build.
Now with that said, the smallest Web cams, require a high compression piston, springs, and shortened guides.
Mega cycle has a drop in, but requires a spring kit
Not sure what Yosh has to offer, but its possible!

What about just going with the new piston kit and polish up the head would the higher compression kit bump my hp some

Isn't the head the bottle neck in the busa motors? I have seen gen2 with the simple bolt on net around 190hp. So wouldn't mild head work get you close to 200hp?

So would I be safe with just doing a piston kit like 13:1 or 13.5:1 and do I have to get a different gasket like a thinner one I read somewhere about that

Back