Best battery??

dewie

Registered
I'm running a lot of electronics on my bike to make it wheelchair cape able and I'm having problems with my Pingel shifter. At first I had a lot of problems with the Pingel ECU and they sent me new parts and last year it ran all year flawless. I stored it over the winter and forgot to put the trickle charger on it and the battery died a couple times. Now this year the shifter is acting up not up or down shifting unless the bike is revved up high. I have the stock battery in it, when it's run if it's putting out 13.3v which should be enough but I don't know. What's the best battery I can use? Like I said I run a lot more electronics than the average guy. I thought about putting a extra battery in my tank bag and pairing them together too.

Thanks fellas.

I haven't done it, but wherever the guys running 24v starters are putting the second battery might be a good placement. Then run the parallel like you said. Also I have seen a Busa with a alternator mod, belt run. I am not familiar at all with that, but it would put some juice out.

****edit. When I saw that alternator it may have been on a sand car, that's all I'm finding now.

When you added all the electronics how did you connect them to a power supply...direct to battery or the fuse box.
Battery could well be passed its best but if the bikes starting OK i'd look for a bad connection to the Pingel.
13.3v is a tad low...i'd expect 13.6v at least at idle....does it rise OK once the revs pick up about 3000 to about 14.2v etc.
A bad battery can kill the rectifier so be careful not to leave things unchecked or you could end up with more problems.

The Pingel, landing gear, camera are all connected straight to the battery. the pingel has a inline fuse. I think I have a slow drain on the battery but I have looked for it and haven't found anything yet. But you would think if its strong enough to start the bike it would be good enough for the Pingel

are the dry cell batteries any good.

Back