Best battery...way to increase charging???

nitrobusa

Registered
hey everyone I have an 01 busa seems like when the fans are going my stereo is going an neon's lit I am maxing out the charging system. My stock battery only last about a season begins to drag when starting

I see a lot of articles around here on 24 volt systems for starting the big bore bikes. I have never seen one on a 12 volt dual battery hook up. Instead of placing two batteries in series you would simply place two batteries in parallel. This would increase ( double ) the amount of stored energy available. I just don't know how well the charging system would handle it or if it's feasible at all.

I have heard of a charging system upgrade, but read it only made a minor difference.

You could also put your bike on a battery tender every time you park it at home and that might help as well.

And last but not least you could start unloading the system if you felt the battery was in a weak state by turning auxiliary equipment off ( load shedding ).

Good luck with it, I'm sure the experts will chime in shortly. :thumbsup:

I have heard of a charging system upgrade, but read it only made a minor difference.

Link someone? Real curious if there is a way to boost the electrical output of the bike? Busa is not known for it's charging output, at least not mine. :laugh:

I just replaced a new cycletron with a new diehard battery...the diehard is much stronger.

just a thought...

Pashnit -> I never tried the upgrade of the stator and rectifier yet. Here's some info though: http://www.ricksmotorsportelectrics.com/press/2007-03-06High_Output_Hayabusa_Kit.pdf

I've setup dual bat parallel for a friend of mine. He runs a ton of electronics. Granted they don't draw a ton of watts like a stereo system but their combined needs were higher than the charging system could handle. Running duals can extend things alot but isn't a cure. If your drawing more watts than the electrical charging system can handle then sooner or later you'll run out of battery power no matter how many batteries you tie together.

Link someone? Real curious if there is a way to boost the electrical output of the bike? Busa is not known for it's charging output, at least not mine. :laugh:
We use re-wound stators that put out an additional voltage while charging. We have tested them on three bikes with solid results. Give is a call for details.

We use re-wound stators that put out an additional voltage while charging. We have tested them on three bikes with solid results. Give is a call for details.

Greg can you put the details up. I'm more interested in the output of the stator than pricing, etc.

Takes you from 400 to 500 watt output for a buck 25. That might be the answer and forget about adding a battery. :thumbsup:

Takes you from 400 to 500 watt output for a buck 25. That might be the answer and forget about adding a battery. :thumbsup:

I currently have the Ricks upgraded stator and rectifier on my bike. Works fairly well. Recently I was fishing around the back of my bike and noticed my connection to the rectifier was was fried. I called them and they said that the factory connectors are not made to handle that much output. So if you purchase this upgrade you should solder both the stator to harness connection and rectifier to harness connection.

Heres the link to my thread with pics https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/busa-problems/116260-rectifier-regulator-connector-meltdown.html

Back