Best aftermarket seat for the Busa

mikeyusf

Registered
I want to get an aftermarket seat for my busa, but I dont know which one. I'm thinking about getting that Corbin front/rear seat with the backrest, that way Jenn isnt pulling me off the bike when I'm doing wheelies and launching hard. Has anyone bought the corbin seats? How were they? Anyone gotten the gel seat? let me know!

Mike

Corbin only way to fly!
mybike.jpg

Ks.......you know I like ya but that seat sucks...........I just couldn't do it......looks like a cruiser seat.

my wife like the rear corbin its more comfortable and it keeps her from sliding into me as much

i need to get a front seat for me but not sure if i should get a corbin or a suzuki gel seat

Thats whats great about the back-rest! It can be removed with a allen wrench (and undoing the back seat with a key). So long as you have a passenger you hardly notice it! And I guarantee they will love it! I bought mine used on this board less than 4 c-notes for the whole thing. Busahigg, when I'm riding by myself the backrest is history.

I have a corbin too.  When I first got it, I hated it.  Now I kinda like it.  I wish I had the gel for comparison though...   I hear they are nice and nearly 1/2 the price of a Corbin.

Come on Gel'ers, speak up.

Corbin front, rear, and backrest. I rode from NC to Daytona and back last august over a 3 day weekend. On the way back My butt was screaming CORBIN CORBIN CORBIN, so after calling my lady to let her know i was safely home, I bought a corbin front seat on ebay for $125. Its GREAT. Ibought the rear and backrest for my lady, who feels more secure with the backrest and the rear seat is definitely more comfortable. When she is not riding-ITs the hump!

Buy it you wont regret it.

I had a gel... now I have a Corbin. Wife says the rear corbin & backrest are worth TWICE what Corbin charges.
Check their website but its about $630 for the set of 3.

:thumbsup:

fireskull.gif

I have a corbin for the rear passenger. The stock one had her sliding into me constantly. She loves it.

I have the Corbin seat, it took some time to become comfortable with the seat.  Now that I'm used to the seat, I couldn't go back to the stock seat.  The Corbin backrest is great for passengers.  $$$$

Let me be the first to give testimony for the Gel seat. I ordered one from Ron Ayers ($99.95) and this seat is the bomb. You can't beat the comfort. Now, I haven't been on a Corbin, but I would be willing to put my Gel up against a Corbin in a comfort comparison anyday. Just my .02

Brian

Anyone have any follow up on this discussion? I am thinking about a new seat, and still do not know which way to go really...

Hey, I had a gel seat one for about a year and a half, it started off feeling real good. It gave me about another hour in the seat before my butt started to burn, however it soon started to show signs of wear and eventually the plastic on top of the gel cracked. I put the original seat back on and just ordered the Corbin the other day. I hear good things about it and can't wait to try it on my next long ride.

We need San_man to chime in about his skinned seat, he got the #1 Anni Orange skin set from Second Look.

creeper... could you skin the gel seat and get some more life out of it or has it started to fail as well???

Rev, I have over a year of daily use on my corbin and you can't tell its not new. I can ride ALL day never get tired stiff or sore.

Hey,

I rode 600 miles on Sunday with the stock seat. The seat wasn't the worst part for me, the stock, high pegs were torment on my long legs but the sides of the seat were a bit of a problem as well.

I'm a new Busa owner and I did the seat info search here before purchasing the bike. The gel seat seems to make lots of people happy other than retaining water when it gets wet. I went with a new Corbin off ebay for $160 from a guy who seems to have a supply to sell. I chose the corbin over the gel because I wanted it to match the passenger seat I ordered from corbin for my wife.

The Corbin I ordered came the day after my 600 mile ride. I've put 100 miles on it and it is going to take some getting used to as it also was cutting into my legs a bit. I've heard they have to be broken in to be comfortable. I like how firm it is, that works for me. However it seems a little lower than stock to me so my legs are even more folded. The further forward I sit the better it seems so far, I may send it back over the winter to get it made taller.

So the jury is still out for me but if it weren't for the passenger seat issue I would have tried the gel seat first.

Back