best advice for a rookie

HER-QUE-LES

Registered
I have gained alot of knowledge from the this org. Its very uplifting. I have only road a bike twice in my life and it wasnt anything near the mighty HAYABUSA!. In 08 i decided to get the busa because it was cheaper than the gx1000. Not the best rider but a quick learner. It is a honor :bowdown: to receive any advise from the busa community. Thanks in advance:please:

there is tons of info here. use the search in the top right for anything specific and other than that visit gen bike topics, mods forums, gen 2 forum, and ask lots of questions. u'll learn a lot. random thoughts isn't really the forum of choice for learing about the busa. this is where we come 2 talk about beer, guns, football, etc

RIDE RIDE and RIDE some more...take your time to learn the new skills, but there is nothing better than 'seat' time.

Did I mention that you need a LOT of seat time ???

I agree with lots of saddle time and respect for the power of this bike. Do not push yourself too much until you are truly comfortable with her.
Just me and my 2cts
Bubba

take it slow... no risks... get a hang of your bike, skills on your bike before you start iover speeding... use an empty parking lot to practice, mainly with maneuvering and breaking... Good Luck Man,

and :welcome: to the org!

MSF Basic Rider Course!

Where are you located?

Last edited:
I have been riding motorcycles since 2004. I JUST recently took the Basic Rider Course and the Sport Bike course in Virginia Beach. Riding a motorcycle is an entirely different experience for me now.

Be confident...NOT COCKY...on a Busa.

Mani:welcome:

MSF Basic Rider Course!

Where are you located?

+1 :thumbsup:
I teach one of the basic rider courses here and I often have experienced riders take it and say that they didn't realize they had so many bad habits. Most notably looking through the turn and not focusing on obstacles. If you focus and stare at not what to hit you usually hit it.

my 2cents

and :welcome: be safe and enjoy the ride

Sonny: Alright, listen to me. You pull up right where she lives, right? Before you get outta the car, you lock both doors. Then, get outta the car, you walk over to her. You bring her over to the car. Dig out the key, put it in the lock and open the door for her. Then you let her get in. Then you close the door. Then you walk around the back of the car and look through the rear window. If she doesn't reach over and lift up that button so that you can get in: dump her.

Calogero 'C' Anello: Just like that?

Sonny: Listen to me, kid. If she doesn't reach over and lift up that button so that you can get in, that means she's a selfish broad and all you're seeing is the tip of the iceberg. You dump her and you dump her fast.

Good advice :thumbsup:

here is my busa

IMG00420.jpg

Sonny: Alright, listen to me. You pull up right where she lives, right? Before you get outta the car, you lock both doors. Then, get outta the car, you walk over to her. You bring her over to the car. Dig out the key, put it in the lock and open the door for her. Then you let her get in. Then you close the door. Then you walk around the back of the car and look through the rear window. If she doesn't reach over and lift up that button so that you can get in: dump her.

Calogero 'C' Anello: Just like that?

Sonny: Listen to me, kid. If she doesn't reach over and lift up that button so that you can get in, that means she's a selfish broad and all you're seeing is the tip of the iceberg. You dump her and you dump her fast.

Good advice :thumbsup:

good movie too a bronx tale if I remember right

Back