Best 1/4 Mile times

OB_ianfila

Registered
What are the best recorded 1/4 mile times by members or known from other sources. Both ET's and MPH. I heard someone in Florida is running 9.5's is this true or BS.

I personnally witnessed Micheal Phillips run 9.51 in the mid 140's on a stock (no motor work)1300. The front was strapped, and the dog bones were changed on the back to one inch longer. The mufflers had three 3/8 inch holes in the bottom front of each canister also. He also ran a 9.40 on one with a yosh pipe and extend arm. I did not see the run but heard that the same bike went a 9.30 after it was eguiped and tune with a power commmand II box from dyno jet.

Well, I would be interested in seeing some showroom stock times. If anyone can tell me what they have seen one go (or have gone themselves).... one that's stock ride height, stock cans, stock gearing, no clutch mod, showrrom weight, etc... that's what would be intersting to know.

I raced a normal guy (average rider, average skill and weight) and he was nowhere near those times on his bone stocker. He ran a 10.50 @ 137 against me, but has gone a best of 10.20's @ 139 or so. This is typically what you'll run against out there I am sure. Not too many Keith Dennis' and Michael Phillips' out there!

Haven't you been reading any of the moto mags
the last few months? There have been numerous journalists run 9 second quarters on totally stock Busas. I've even got videos
from two separate runs on my PC - both in the 9's. Even lousy launches and bad clutches are resulting in good time. If you missed the mags at least use a search engine and check out the tests performed by online motorcycle sources.

Todd,

I'm very aware of the mag times, but I want times from real world riders... not guys who do it for a living!

Don't tell me that your one of the guys that actually believes that mags get any ordinary old run of the mill bike from the production line....are you?

Average street rider will run mid to high 10s on a showroom bike with no tricks, we are talking average on weight, bike , rider, weather , track, etc. Just figure that the bike should be severals tenths quicker than anything out currently no matter whos counting.

okay, i had to reply to this one. i personally have run mine twice. i have never drag raced any bike with a hydraulic clutch and was pretty nervous. (tried on the street earlier in the day to launch, couldn't do it) so, i did'nt do any burnouts, stock off the floor. babied it out of the hole (went 2.09 short time) rolled on the throttle after the sixty foot mark and then let her rip. i went a 10:30 @ 140 mph. once again, no burnout, no lowering, no lengthening of the swing arm. stock off the floor down to the air pressure. also, babied it out of the hole really easy. that's rather impressive for a stock bike if you ask me.
by the way, i am 5'11" tall and weigh 190 naked (like you really needed to know that) so, with all my gear on, i figure around 220. hope this helps.
mike

Stock height, bone stock bike I witness Mike do 9.79 best pass. most of his passes where 9.80's.

Hi Guys

My friend, who beat a Busa with a stock 1999 XX, did a 10.55 and a 10.51 while the guy on the Busa did 10.60 and 10.71. That same guy was a bit upset cause he managed a 10.40 later that day.

Back