Besides riding, what do you enjoy

it’s a yamaha tri z, the atc 250r team red honda. u right “death traps!”
I wondered with the front fender, but wasn't sure.
And I've seen Honda 250R's in so many colors I can't keep up anymore, lol.
Cool machine though.
Got any more pics or details/is it stock?

I used to love dirt riding; as I aged I found I didn't bounce as well. Lately besides riding twisties I love movies, books and trying to fix things from vintage audio to automotive and general
home repairs. Screwing up can get expensive but what the heck life is short lol. Great thread.

I wondered with the front fender, but wasn't sure.
And I've seen Honda 250R's in so many colors I can't keep up anymore, lol.
Cool machine though.
Got any more pics or details/is it stock?
just pipe, cool head, bigger carb, reeds for the engine. added 2” to swing arm and an elka rear shock to chassis. currently it’s under the knife to swap the current generation yz250 engine.

DE6F7412-BAB7-4E4A-BD78-7D909E78C6A0.jpeg

AA138625-B10D-469E-84EE-AB2972638026.jpeg

1AD8DF61-1A73-487C-A1BC-FCB0F286B447.jpeg

Went to the range today and shot my old single action Ruger in 22 Mag. Was pretty good with it. Also shot my 1911 and my lil S&W snubby. I’ve been reviewing and shopping online for a S&W M&P Shield Semi-Auto in .40 caliber. It’s a great concealed carry gun with a lot of punch. Barrel length is just 3.1”. Pick it up in ten days. Last time I ‘officially’ bought a handgun I had to wait 30 days for pickup. Ammo’s getting cheaper, anyone else get out for a lil target practice? This one is striker fired vs hammer fired. Here’s a nice demo of the differences.

B6B8F3CA-0ED9-451A-91A1-7F4E23805B4D.jpeg

Went to the range today and shot my old single action Ruger in 22 Mag. Was pretty good with it. Also shot my 1911 and my lil S&W snubby. I’ve been reviewing and shopping online for a S&W M&P Shield Semi-Auto in .40 caliber. It’s a great concealed carry gun with a lot of punch. Barrel length is just 3.1”. Pick it up in ten days. Last time I ‘officially’ bought a handgun I had to wait 30 days for pickup. Ammo’s getting cheaper, anyone else get out for a lil target practice? This one is striker fired vs hammer fired. Here’s a nice demo of the differences.

View attachment 1656695
What do you like about .40? I've shot it but never really got into it. Feel like with the recoil of it, might as well just go to .45. And if I'm not mistaken, more law enforcement agencies started using 9mm as their duty weapon.

I've been looking for a sub compact gun and was looking into the glock 26 and the shield. Kind of hard to decide since both manufacturers are pretty good.

What do you like about .40? I've shot it but never really got into it. Feel like with the recoil of it, might as well just go to .45. And if I'm not mistaken, more law enforcement agencies started using 9mm as their duty weapon.

I've been looking for a sub compact gun and was looking into the glock 26 and the shield. Kind of hard to decide since both manufacturers are pretty good.

Cops have been using 9mms for decades and some have changed to the .40 for the lil extra punch. The M&P stands for military and police. If I wanted a large semi auto I’d have purchased a 10mm. I already have a full sized .45 in my Colt 1911. I also have a 9mm, a S&W model 39-2 that I bought in 1971. I gave to my son. Price wise the Glock is more expensive and I’ve never liked their double trigger setup but from what I’ve read they’re both good concealed carry guns.

Cops have been using 9mms for decades and some have changed to the .40 for the lil extra punch. The M&P stands for military and police. If I wanted a large semi auto I’d have purchased a 10mm. I already have a full sized .45 in my Colt 1911. I also have a 9mm, a S&W model 39-2 that I bought in 1971. I gave to my son. Price wise the Glock is more expensive and I’ve never liked their double trigger setup but from what I’ve read they’re both good concealed carry guns.
Ive seen the opposite in which they stopped carrying .40 and moved to 9mm. Yea I have the full size M&P in 9mm and it’s a nice gun.

I currently conceal carry a glock 19 with a stream light tlr7 but sometimes it feels a bit big so wanting to try a subcompact.

Yeah, my Colt is a tad heavy and a bit too long for concealed carry comfortably. It shoots perfectly though. I think too that the Shield isn’t available in .45 in my state. With the right load I never had a problem with the 9mm ballistics. It may simply be a shot placement issue but I’ve read about far too many bad guys being shot multiple times with a 9mm and were still able to return fire.

My 9mm Italian made Beretta 92FS always keyholed the targets. I could never get the loads right. But the straight wall cases like .38/.357, .40 S&W, .45 ACP etc seemed more accurate for me. When reloading, I didn't like the tapered case of the 9mm and higher chamber pressures for the returns. I changed to the Glock 19 as issued, but wanted to try the .357 Sig Auto version of the .357 Magnum.
I must say the most enjoyable gun was my S&W 686 and Walther PPK 9mm Kurz (.380 Auto) before our country made us sell them back to them after the amnesty :(
Nowadays I restore Army radios and build WW2 Spy radio receiver/transmitter replicas!
The one below is the MK VII Paraset which was parachuted in behind enemy lines during the 1940's.
MkVII.jpg

I was inspecting my 22 Magnum ammo from a new box from Winchester and found this one. Good thing it couldn’t be loaded eh? As I was shooting a few of the cases swelled too making them hard to eject

CBE05C7F-28AF-4B25-87A5-C400AA662971.jpeg

0DFFBE71-5AC1-4119-B9F9-9D9EE926EEFB.jpeg
even with the rod.

Back