Berkeley Co. Deputies Release Dash Cam Video In Fatal Motorcycle Pursuit

This one statement tell me everything I need to know about you. I've read through this entire thread and have seen a continual trend from your post. You appear to have a need to tell everyone how tough you are, how hard your job is and why you are so important. I haven't seen anyone speak negatively to you about your profession but you in one fail swoop call out a guy that works hard doing a job that you find below you.

If you want to talk about a real man, I see it as the guy who get's up every day and does something they really don't want to do so they can provide food and a better life for their family. To degrade someone solely so you can make yourself feel better is a junior high drama stunt.

I won't tell you that you have an easy job and I know it needs to be done so Thank You for going to work and dealing with the people that are there. However you might want to tone down your judgemental attitude and condescending view long enough to realize that you don't have to treat people on the outside of the gates the same as those on the inside...

The great thing about owning this site is that I get to close or lock threads, delete content or take any action I think is necessary when I choose to. For anyone desiring to respond further on this topic I would suggest you type out your comment, read it, re-read it and then edit as necessary before you click that post button....

cap
I have multiple Pms from LE that are afraid to voice their opinion.. they are at the point where they feel they cant defend themselves.. its become acceptable to second guess LE on every little thing.. I didn't notice anyone jumping in to say HEY... its insulting to refer to COs as GUARDS(one guy)... very very insulting. inmates don't even do this. but hey its cool.. I'm used to defending myself... if u feel I go to far... that's cool too... its a high stress/high stakes game in LE and I was pointing out what he did for a living... and the person in particular was an inmate I believe... best believe it IS PERSONAL for him... he was an inmate and we squabble... tahts how it goes.

Good cops and bad cops.
Just like good civilians and bad civilians.
Good cops have no one to blame but bad cops.
As said before, the police need to police themselves. And there will always be politics involved.
We all get frustrated for one reason or another sometimes.
But, the real problem here has been bad attitudes, bad language, and disrespect.
I'm not taking sides, or getting in the middle.
Just pointing out that this forum was and is expected to be family friendly, so a kid can look over your shoulder and not see or read things they shouldn't.
I'm no saint, and I'm a good hypocrite.
Lets just all remember that we are in the Captain's house. He can ban a member if he chooses, and at this point, even pull the plug on the whole show.

Last edited:
u know what... I'm banning myself... its stupid to take up for a cause thats unpopular... and for those of u that think I went too far... u are correct... I do and I enjoy it.

You're not the first person to take up an unpopular opinion on here bro. This is just a forum, you probably aren't going to change people's minds on anything. If you want to win a fight, this is not the place to fight for your cause. All you can do here is state your case and people can take it or leave it. If people don't agree with you move on to another topic or move on to another past time.

u know what... I'm banning myself... its stupid to take up for a cause thats unpopular... and for those of u that think I went too far... u are correct... I do and I enjoy it.

Quite the contrary, it is stupid Not to take up for a cause just because it is unpopular, assuming it is something you belive in and feel strongly about.
Only that attitude is everything...for All of us.

I have multiple Pms from LE that are afraid to voice their opinion.. they are at the point where they feel they cant defend themselves.. its become acceptable to second guess LE on every little thing..

Do you have any idea what I did before I was in IT? Yep, I was a patrol officer for 6 years, I served as a deputy as well as a municipal officer. I worked night shift for 6 years and did my time. I moved to the Fire Department where I headed up operations and Arson Investigations. I took over special rescue and moved to Assistant Chief all the while still a commissioned officer.

One of my best friends in this world is a Troop Commander for the OHP, many here have ridden with him too. I still meet with and support my local PD and Fire departments and enjoy sitting around and talking about the good ole days.

I don't think there is anyone in LE that is "Afraid" to speak out here, if they are then they need to rethink their profession. Be passionate about your job and be fully committed but in no way does that mean that you have to degrade people while you do it.

Cap

Back