Bent TracDynamic 6\'\' Swingarm

OB_busababy

Registered
Hello have anyone bought the new aluminum swingarm from TracDynamic, and did yours come un bent, well I've just taken mine out of the box and after installing it the installer contacted me and told me the arm was bent, so I contacted Trac Dynamics, and they told me to ship it back and they will correct the problem, but the problem is they want me to pay for shipping,my bike will be down longer, and I also have to pay for installation again, which I don't think is fair because it was not my fault it was Trac's so I think Trac should compensate me for the extra expenses, so members be careful when purchasing from this company.

My 2 cents:

The company would probably pay for the shipping cost you front back to them. I'm thinking they want to inspect their product to insure that they are indeed responsible for your complaint. Was the shipping box damaged at all upon arrival?

Welcome to the lame world of TRAC.
My first one came dented thanks to the paper thin cardboard they use. the second they forgot a spacer NICE wobble down the track and I had to srceam on the first one the second they would not take back and I had to spend more money for bearings.
Thanks you Dave O for the bearings.

I just got a 4" over Busa arm from trac Very nice piece but no bearing but we found some in town. we must have got luckey.

ANYTIME JC!!

You guys are making me nervous. I have A Trac 6" over arm on order for a customers ZX12, maybe I should order the bearings now!!!

At $895(retail), you would think it would come with bearings...I'll let you know.

Dave

byhalia, no it's not that he wants to inspect anything, because he had me have my installer give him a call and after the phone call Dave at Trac Dynamics said your installer knows his stuff but the swingarm is not off as much as he is saying, so I called Randy Waters from Flat-Out racing stable, the installer of my swingarm and he said no the swingarm is not off by much but it's noticible after installing it, and it could cause my bike to pull and do many other things, and Johnnycheese, he didn't supplie me with the other bearings neither he said they where not and stock at the time and when the swingarm gets to them they might have some and he would throw them in free, which I thought they where free anyway. byhalia also the box was in perfect condition, and everything was packaged real nice, someone just was off a little when putting the arm in the jig.

[This message has been edited by busababy (edited 22 June 2000).]

DaveO, that's exactly what I paid for mine, and when I ordered it they told me that it would be 2-3 weeks before I receive my swingarm, but it arrived in 5 weeks, without the chain, chain guard, and pivot bearings that I ordered. DaveO the swingarm looks good but the only thing is one side is a bit shorter than the other, I will let you know how everthing turns out, the only thing that I'm unhappy with is that I have to pay to get it put back on, and waiting for them to ship it back, other than that your probably okay with your order, but you better get some piviot bearings.

[This message has been edited by busababy (edited 22 June 2000).]

Hello MOTORHEAD yes I was comming down this weekend, but I had a very bad accident on my GXSR 1100 and i'm scraped up pretty bad, DAME! dog ran in front of me, and the bike thru me glad it wasn't my Busa, and lucky to be alive, it was on a busy street, and my buddie here said he would go ahead and install the swingarm for me since i wouldn't be able to make the long trip so my brother took it to the shop yesterday for me. MOTORHEAD I will be contacting you and the next few weeks, after my body heals a liitle to make another appoitment, glad I didn't drive that far to find out my swingarm was off on one side, talk to you later buddy.

Look guys this is making me very nervous. I just ordered a trac Dynamics swing arm for my oo Busa, 8 over. I specifically asked dave if the stock barings would work? He said yes "I did not need anything else to install the swing arm". I will be calling him today. I will also mention the things i'read. Thanks

the alum comes w/guide but but the bearings for the suspension tou will not remove htem without hurting them those morons and on the aluminum ones use your stock axle thiers is an anchor.told ya before under some mfs are morons post about this stuff

Back