Being that the elections are coming

Being that the elections are coming - I was curious.

• Democrat

Votes: 49 100.0%
  • Republican

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wizeguy

Registered
It seems to me that Busa riders have a lot in common. I was curious if this held true in political allignments. Do you guys TYPICALLY vote democrat or republican?

I know there are a lot of individual reasonings being left out here but I wanted to keep the poll short. I also know this is a fairly personal question but you can vote without making a comment.

I don't follow party lines at all...vote for the one I think will do the least damage...sad that that's how society is nowadays, but I can't honestly subscribe fully to one or the other...

I don't vote predominantly Republican or democrat... Can't vote with out a third option... I'm a Repocrat biggrin.gif

Both Parties are destroying the Nation. Voting Party Line instead of what is right for fear of loosing a seat or nomination.

It's pathetic and sad to align yourself with a political party. It's like suddenly half your brain shuts down one way or another.

Both parties and their influence need to be removed before they briong down the country more than they allready have. Spheres of influence and power are all these animals look after. Just a juicy bone, they don't give a rats ass about anything else.

Sad but True.

As long as the country is split, the enemy will leave us alone here. They know that if we to be bombed or attacked by them, the whole country would come together for a time again. The enemy knows us.

So, here.

post_12_01355_messedup.jpg

Way to ruin a thread...it was okay 'til the BikerFox dude showed up...

Who is that stunning gal with a Pepto-Bismol Busa? laugh.gif

rant.gif
I am probably somewhere in the Conservative Democrat ranks. I am personally conservative, but I could not care less what anybody has the freedom to do in their own homes. As long as it is not affecting children, and it's consenting adults, do whatever makes your meat loaf.
I am sick and tired of the media playing up the scariness of the outside world, as if we are all stupid enough to not see their agenda. Why do you think the weather calls for a 20% chance of rain, rather than an 80% chance of sun? Simply because they all want us to sit at home and watch more TV.
I am sick and tired of the government making rules and laws that are in my best interest without consulting me first. Lawyers, special interest groups and PAC's have fukked the working people in this country long enough.
I am sick and tired of the us vs. them mentality the current administration has brought to bear. Just because I don't want young people dying in the middle east, think President Bush is less than stellar, and don't think everyone that worships a different God than I do should be killed, does not make me a terrorist fer chrissake, stop trying to make it seem that way.....
What has happened to government of and for the PEOPLE, justice for ALL, and the pursuit of life, liberty and HAPPINESS?
Okay, I'm done...... rant.gif

rant.gif

i am for whoever is the best for the office. i noticed you did not put the one party i think might have a chance on the poll... the whig party

(Revlis @ Nov. 02 2006,08:21) Both Parties are destroying the Nation. Voting Party Line instead of what is right for fear of loosing a seat or nomination.

It's pathetic and sad to align yourself with a political party. It's like suddenly half your brain shuts down one way or another.

Both parties and their influence need to be removed before they briong down the country more than they allready have. Spheres of influence and power are all these animals look after. Just a juicy bone, they don't give a rats ass about anything else.

Sad but True.
Absolutely true. The only problem is that majority rules in congress and 98% of the time congressman and senators will vote along their party lines. Voting for the individual beccause you like what he stands for is very noble and the way it should be done, but ultimately the person who gets elected wants to remain in the favor of the party they represent, which will mean that they WILL and DO fall along party lines on major issues. This has been how our government has run since the times of Washington, Madison, and Jefferson.

What about independents??? Ross Perot was our savior, unfortunately he chose an idiot for his running mate.

(wizeguy @ Nov. 02 2006,15:10) ultimately the person who gets elected wants to remain in the favor of the party they represent,
I'm sorry, I thought this was America, where elected officials represented the PEOPLE who elected them......
My mistake.

Here I am in my mid 40s and I am kinda new at the whole political thing. Bill Clinton, with his gun banning Brady Bills and the like motivated me to register and vote for the first time and with that I started to follow politics.

I have voted for a few dems but by and large they stand for far more that I am against than the reps do. Neither are perfect but it comes down to who is going to do the least harm and the most that I favor.

Until they (the dems) quit trotting out high tax, gun banning, welfare promoting, emoticon folks as has been the case lately, straight republican tickets for me.

Good topic!

(Mr Brown @ Nov. 02 2006,13:54)
(wizeguy @ Nov. 02 2006,15:10) ultimately the person who gets elected wants to remain in the favor of the party they represent,
I'm sorry, I thought this was America, where elected officials represented the PEOPLE who elected them......
My mistake.
Yes.  Its the same thing I said except looking at it from our point of view as individuals.  When one runs for office, he hopes to gain the individual by looking attractive to the group.  That's why we here terms like "the black vote" or the "christian far right" or "the working man's vote".  Politicians know that it is more benifical to appeal to the group as opposed to apealing to the  individual.  I'm not saying that I agree with it...its just the way it is.  

On a side note, I love this...no where else can a motorcyle website have a in depth conversation about politics with friends and it remain civil.

I am sick and tired of the government making rules and laws that are in my best interest without consulting me first[/Quote]
Ours is a representative republic, you are consulted every-other first Tuesday in November.

(wizeguy @ Nov. 02 2006,16:10)
(Revlis @ Nov. 02 2006,08:21) Both Parties are destroying the Nation.  Voting Party Line instead of what is right for fear of loosing a seat or nomination.  

It's pathetic and sad to align yourself with a political party.  It's like suddenly half your brain shuts down one way or another.

Both parties and their influence need to be removed before they briong down the country more than they allready have.  Spheres of influence and power are all these animals look after.  Just a juicy bone, they don't give a rats ass about anything else.

Sad but True.
Absolutely true.  The only problem is that majority rules in congress and 98% of the time congressman and senators will vote along their party lines.  Voting for the individual beccause you like what he stands for is very noble and the way it should be done, but ultimately the person who gets elected wants to remain in the favor of the party they represent,  which will mean that they WILL and DO fall along party lines on major issues.  This has been how our government has run since the times of Washington, Madison, and Jefferson.
agreed.

(newmill @ Nov. 02 2006,17:49) I am sick and tired of the government making rules and laws that are in my best interest without consulting me first
Ours is a representative republic, you are consulted every-other first Tuesday in November.[/Quote]
ices_rofl.gif Good one!

Wait, you weren't serious, were you?

My views and opinions are probably a little left of center, but I don't vote according to party lines either. I also agree that the huge separation between the two major parties is causing a flaw in our system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back