Beginning of the remodel

DEMMYM

Donating Member
Registered
I have been married to my wife now for 12 yrs, In this time we have moved 5 times, Each time we buy a house I remodel it and we sell it for a pretty good profit.

Well it would appear as though this house is no different.

Only I have no intention of moving again

Youngest daughters room is too small so were going to remove the bathroom next to her room and extend her room into there.

Then I will take the room on the other side of the old bathroom and turn it into a bathroom.

Here are some of the beginning pics.

Here is the best pic I could get of her room, We have already started

000_3582.jpg

Here is a pic of the wall removed and the tub/shower removed, this will end up a desk area for her when were done

000_3576.jpg

Here is a pic of the room that will become a bathroom, Note the window in the back, Previous owner built my garage onto the back of the house and decided not to close it in. Shower will go in this area.

000_3577.jpg

Doesnt look like much now but I will Busafy it and it will

000_3582.jpg

000_3576.jpg

000_3577.jpg

I finished this up last weekend. Ripped out the carpet(who puts carpet in a bathroom?) and ripped out the old white tile in the toilet area. New toilet, trim boards, natural slate tile and fresh paint. I still need to replace the faucets, but I will do that later.

random 001.jpg

random 002.jpg

random 003.jpg

Looks like fun, Michael - looking forward to seeing the progress.

James - bathroom looks good! I love the look of slate; I put it in my basement & bath, too.

We've all seen the garage, im sure the house will not be far behind.

As Norm Abrahm always says
"there is no more important safety rule, than to wear safety glasses"

NormAbram.jpg

A little bit done for now.

Still working on it, When I feel like it.

Took out the door to the room, Built the window seat, Made the Curtains, Getting ready to lay the floor, Done with the Desk that used to be a shower just need to paint, Still havent moved the toilet out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

000_3629.jpg

000_3630.jpg

000_3632.jpg

000_3633.jpg

Wife has quite the theme going for this room, 8 yr old daughter ( retro ) lots and lots of brite colors.

She also decided on this particular tile, Lucky me its the kind you get to glue down ( Im not amused ) carpet would have been so much easier and less of a mess.

===================================================================

000_3634.jpg

Lake House Rehab
This is a pic that showed how you had to come
into the master from the other bedroom
009.jpg
His and Hers and the door
013.jpg
Closed the door and opened up the Hallway
018.jpg

033.jpg

009.jpg