Been Over A Year Now Since I Had a Cigarrette!

nitrousjunkie

60 Years Young And Still On A Busa!
Donating Member
Registered
Havent even cheated once! Im so glad I got that monkey off my back! This was TRULY the hardest thing I've ever done,I think this time I'll be able to live without them,really the only time I want one now is when I'm driving,its amazing when you're smoking how much of your life (time) is devoted to smoking!

Awesome Paul!!! Something to be proud of!! :thumbs:

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

Congrats dude, yeah it is a massive habit to kick. I have not had one in 2 years and have yet to kill someone.

Best of luck! Not sure what age you started at but I hope you can manage.
I started at 12 and now I am 40 since then I have quited many shapes and forms.
Patches, Welabutrin, that other wonder pill they took off the market cintax something like that, even went to electronic ciggs for over a year.. No luck I luv my Marlboros and the feeling I get from them mostly with my morning coffee. Best of luck on your road of recovery.

Ciggarettes stun your growth? Hmm started at 12 and I am 6' 7" now.
Ciggarettes shortens your breath, I can run a 6.5 minute mile and I dont work out.
I dont know I am not a doctor, but eating big macs and whoppers are 10X's worse then smoking ciggarettes.

Congrats Brother..I have quit many times, but when you reach the stopped point. It's truly over..Stopping and Quitting are truly two different animals. Pray and the devil will stay away..

Havent even cheated once! Im so glad I got that monkey off my back! This was TRULY the hardest thing I've ever done,I think this time I'll be able to live without them,really the only time I want one now is when I'm driving,its amazing when you're smoking how much of your life (time) is devoted to smoking!

Why is it harder to quit smoking then a hot ex-girlfriend :dunno:
Man I wish ciggarettes were like hot chicks they are to an extent.
They cost money if you want to use them.
They give great pleasure.
They seem the best when you first wake up in the morning.
You look cool around both of em.
Your mother doesnt approve them.
If they arent around when your wanting them you will go to all extent to get em no matter the time of night.
They make ya smell funny after enjoying them.
Chicks are so easy to boot when your tired of spending money on em, making you go out of your way when you want them, but ciggarettes geeeeeze you look at em, smell em, and say ohh what the hell and start all over again.....
Why dont smokers just switch brands such as guys switch girlfriends when they are tired of em?

Congratulations! Health benefits aside, depending on how much they cost in your area, you'll save enough $$ to cover most (if not all) of a new bike payment.:thumbsup:
I smoked for 21 years and quit a little over 16 years ago, haven't missed it.

Good for you! My father died at age 56 because of smoking. He developed throat and lung cancer in direct relation to his smoking which he had been doing since he was about 14.

I dont know I am not a doctor, but eating big macs and whoppers are 10X's worse then smoking ciggarettes.
lol.... ummmm not even close but that usually makes smokers feel better by saying that tho. there is no direct link between big mac's, whoppers and cancer. there is tho a direct link to cancer thru cigarettes. that is a fact not an opinion.

1 out of 5 deaths in our country is due to smoking. that's quite staggering! in fact, more people die each year by tobacco use than by all deaths from (HIV) yes, the AIDS virus, illegal drug use, drownings, falls, fires, alcohol use (liver disease) ,motor vehicle injuries, lightening, poisonings, snake bites, accidental gun discharges, suicides, and murders combined. yes COMBINED!

your chances of dying from smoking are roughly 50 times greater than being killed in a vehicle collision. if that doesnt make you want to quit today then nothing will.

smoking is just another way of committing a slow suicide because in most cases its a completely preventable death. discovering which cigarette in which pack you smoke every day that contains the toxin that gives birth to that first cancerous diseased cell, or that pulls death's trigger in producing that massive heart attack or stroke is a roll of the dice that many play every day of their life.

with an estimated $100 Billion spent on smokers and their health care costs you would think the government would simply BAN smoking all together. they make motorcycle riders wear helmets and operators of cars to wear seat belts in most states to cut down on money spent of health care costs as a result of injuries sustained in accidents. money spent on motorcycle and car accident victims doesnt even scratch the surface of the money smokers inflict on our health care system and economy.

lol.... ummmm not even close but that usually makes smokers feel better by saying that tho. there is no direct link between big mac's, whoppers and cancer. there is tho a direct link to cancer thru cigarettes. that is a fact not an opinion.

1 out of 5 deaths in our country is due to smoking. that's quite staggering! in fact, more people die each year by tobacco use than by all deaths from (HIV) yes, the AIDS virus, illegal drug use, drownings, falls, fires, alcohol use (liver disease) ,motor vehicle injuries, lightening, poisonings, snake bites, accidental gun discharges, suicides, and murders combined. yes COMBINED!

your chances of dying from smoking are roughly 50 times greater than being killed in a vehicle collision. if that doesnt make you want to quit today then nothing will.

smoking is just another way of committing a slow suicide because in most cases its a completely preventable death. discovering which cigarette in which pack you smoke every day that contains the toxin that gives birth to that first cancerous diseased cell, or that pulls death's trigger in producing that massive heart attack or stroke is a roll of the dice that many play every day of their life.

with an estimated $100 Billion spent on smokers and their health care costs you would think the government would simply BAN smoking all together. they make motorcycle riders wear helmets and operators of cars to wear seat belts in most states to cut down on money spent of health care costs as a result of injuries sustained in accidents. money spent on motorcycle and car accident victims doesnt even scratch the surface of the money smokers inflict on our health care system and economy.

Your part of the reason this country is becoming the way it is with your attitude in trying to control Americans. Slowly the goverment is going to control everything your allowed to do and what your not allowed to do. I can garuntee you that I can out walk / run some fat azz that stuffs there face with big macs quarter pounders thats going into the cardiac center to have a stent put in after an angiplastic cause there arteries are clogged from the bio products used in fast food chains. Yeah my ciggarettes may have chemicals in them just as fast food places uses chemicals and steriods in there beef and chicken. This country is about freedom of choice.
I live in the tobbaco capitol of country with tobacco farmers all around me here in TN that rely on there crops to raise there family and make a honest buck to survive but its getting harder.
Not really sure where your from and how often you get out but many states dont require motorcycle riders to wear a helmet and last I checked protection, besides eye protection isnt required in ANY state so I am not really seeing your logic with the motorcycle safety gear or helmets.

Obesity overtaking smoking as America's number one killer
Main Category: Obesity / Weight Loss / Fitness
Article Date: 09 Mar 2004 - 0:00 PDT

email to a friend printer friendly opinions

Current ratings for:
Obesity overtaking smoking as America's number one killer

Patient / Public: 4.14 (59 votes)

Healthcare Prof: 3.96 (23 votes)

Article opinions: 10 posts

American government researchers said that obesity is quickly overtaking smoking as the country's number one killer. In fact, obesity is becoming such a problem that many experts now say it is compromising all the benefits of recent improvements in health care and medical breakthroughs.

According to the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) smoking in 2000 was the biggest cause of death - 435,000 people died. 18.1% of everyone who died in that year died of a smoking related disease.

But anyways great accomplishment on your quiting of ciggarettes.:beerchug:

One interesting g thing when they are assembling the stats for death by cigarette some reports include any death where there was tobacco. Even if the real cause was something else. Also the number of tobacco related deaths are reports on a theoretical projection. Other interesting things is grilling at a charcoal grill has the same negative effect on your body as several packs of smokes. Ntm breathing the air in a major congested city. The guy behind the Truth campaign did a ton of creative adjustments to stats and facts to create a more dramatic effect.

Not saying they aren't bad for you btw just fact based on stats and projected numbers can be funny.

I do miss a good cigar and a Nice glass of scotch. :)

Back