been awhile since I've sprayed anything

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
hey doods . What type of primer an' paint do I wanna use on my baby ? Any awesome new products around?

I've started blockin' it out , I'm gonna go 320 , unless I hear otherwise . It should be good for most products .

Should be spraying by Monday .

Lemme know PAINT GURU's.....

Thx hava good 1.....RSD.

Why are ya blockin it Rub.......got cracks er somethin ya had to fill.
Yer gonna go 320 then paint......I hope not bro.......it'll look like crater city.....you'll see sanding matks easily.
PM me yer whole scenerio will ya.

Yeah, unless you plan on re-priming and sanding again before paintin' go with somethin' finer than 320 man. Very few paints that you'd want to use on a bike or car would ever cover those scratches. A lot of the paints these days are designed to go over 400-500-600 grit scratches. Post your plans here or PM/E-mail me with 'em if you're keepin' it under wraps and I'll help ya out. Hell, if you (or I) lived closer I'd be over there helpin'!
beerchug.gif

miss understanding .

I'm down to metal on the tank in spots (one or two scratchs,and decal removal).

I'm down to bare plastic in a couple spots(deep scratches,was hoping to avoid filler/glaze).

So, I'm about to prime , and was going to sand to 320,for the primer to have a good hold . I dont want to use any flex in the paint , so I'm hoping that with good prep , the base/clear will stay put.....even at Busa Speed .

BT...Monsta... wadda ya think ?

Whats good out there these days for paint , keep in mind I'm just a lowly underpaid towel-off boy at the local all girls school. They don't pay much......

hav a good 1.....RSD.

Ok, then, that's different. You should be ok usin' 320 preppin' for primer.
wink.gif
As for what to use, I like PPG stuff. I'd definitely use uerethane primer, basecoat and clear if you want it to last on a bike (or anything else for that matter). Actually, if you're goin' a solid color you could go with a single stage urethane (no clearcoat required) and on the last couple coats you can mix in a little compatible clear for a super deep look. Done that MANY times with PPG Concept single stage and got amazingly deep, rich lookin' results. Works AWESOME on reds and especially black!
super.gif

As for price, bro, good luck. All urethane is pretty 'spensive. That's why my bike is on hold. Had some unexpected expenses pop up and can't justify droppin' the bucks for paint right now. It's all good, though. Gave me more time to come up with sicker plans. I've decided to pull a few stops and go a little wilder than I originally planned. Hehehehehe...
devil.gif
AAAssjani.gif
firedevil.gif

single stage urethane mmmmm .

When I'm all done spraying my color will I be able too wet sand that type of urethane BT. Or is it less likely that it will be nessesary ?

single stage urethane  mmmmm .

When I'm all done spraying my color will I be able too wet sand that type of urethane BT.  Or is it less likely that it will be nessesary ?
It is less likely that it will be nessasary to sand Urethane.....as it's less applications therefore less overspray, and less dust.
BTW......I thought you may be doin some airbrushing too.
You'll be better off with base clear if yer airbrushing.....can burry the work under yer clear......gives it a deeper look, and ya won't be able to see/feel the overspray from the airbrush.
Are we in agreeance on this Bullet??

When I'm all done spraying my color will I be able too wet sand that type of urethane BT.  Or is it less likely that it will be nessesary ?
It is less likely that it will be nessasary to sand Urethane.....as it's less applications therefore less overspray, and less dust.
You'll be better off with base clear if yer airbrushing.....can burry the work under yer clear......gives it a deeper look, and ya won't be able to see/feel the overspray from the airbrush.
Yes, we are. If you're doin' anything other than a solid, non-metallic color then don't go single stage. Especially with airbrush and graphic work. Base/clear makes MUCH more sense when yer gonna airbrush.
super.gif

To answer yer question, Rubbah, yes you can wet sand and buff single stage urethane once it is cured.
wink.gif
As for it bein' necessary, I ALWAYS sand and buff my paint jobs. I just don't feel like I'm done until it's rubbed out as the old painters call it. Monsta is right in that you apply less coats, therefore less wet time for dust to stick. You'll prolly still get a few boogers though.
wink.gif

wink.gif

Yes, we are. If you're doin' anything other than a solid, non-metallic color then don't go single stage. Especially with airbrush and graphic work. Base/clear makes MUCH more sense when yer gonna airbrush.
super.gif

To answer yer question, Rubbah, yes you can wet sand and buff single stage urethane once it is cured.
wink.gif
As for it bein' necessary, I ALWAYS sand and buff my paint jobs. I just don't feel like I'm done until it's rubbed out as the old painters call it. Monsta is right in that you apply less coats, therefore less wet time for dust to stick. You'll prolly still get a few boogers though.
wink.gif
I hate boogers
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

wink.gif

I guess my friends.....its base/clear . I haven't found any grafx that I want YET . I haven't found an' air brusher who can deliver what I want .
But if I base/clear , I can always add later
wink.gif

BT, if you weren't in the line of work that you are....

I'd say...."Give BT a call , he's always got the good dope."

Monsta....God loves ya....an' so does the Rubbah .

I guess my friends.....its base/clear .    I haven't found any grafx that I want  YET . I haven't found an' air brusher who can deliver what I want .
wink.gif

PM me with what yer wantin' done with an airbrush...

I guess my friends.....its base/clear .    I haven't found any grafx that I want  YET . I haven't found an' air brusher who can deliver what I want .
wink.gif

Best damn news I've heard all week

the base clear thing dude.......not that you love me, that's not normal.
poke.gif
smileyexhibit.gif

Back