Been away from the site for a few weeks... WEATHER!

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Well, it's been that kind of year in Oklahoma.. We spent about every afternoon and evening in the storm shelters or getting ready to go to the shelters at some form or fashion... Trying to get caught up from all of the time pulled away from my routines..

One day when I walked outside everything was pink outside, I looked over to the West and it was blue sky and the sun was setting and I looked over to the East and towering over the top of my house were these GIANT thunderheads so large my drone couldn't even look up to see the tops.. They were big and close... I got the drone in the air and took a few minutes of video, sometimes if you didn't see it you wouldn't believe it.

Glad you are OK and it is a real eye-opener when Mother Nature flexes her muscles.

New drone laws up here...one has to have a license to operate a drone now.

The potential fine is steep otherwise...and they don't have to be commercial drones-even the Walmart specials need to have a license...

Reactions: c10
Any flooding for you captain ? Friend of mine lost two cars , and his bike .

No damage or flooding here just a lot of rain and a lot of time standing at the shelter door.
Here is a pic from a friends security camera just a couple of miles of the road of a lowering that came over our community... Yeah this one had me at the shelter door! You can see it was not very far from touching the ground.

Cap, good to here from you posting you have had some crazy weather, as of lately!

Back