Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!

ajblbv

Donating Member
Registered
So this is my first spring in my apartment, and now working in the garage with the door open welcomes a large number of bees. maybe because the coolant has a sweet scent? There are no nests near the door or flowers near the door, so not sure what else would bring them in. Anyone have some advice on ways to keep them away?

I know there are wasp and bee killers, but I think they usually are to target a nest. Is there any type of pre-emptive spray?

Thanks for the input

Happy Easter all!

Home Depot or Lowes should have something that will help you. Good luck with getting the problem takin care of.

Plant more flowers along the side of your apt.
Give them what they want so they will stop looking .
My house has flowers all around it .
Bees won't bother you if you don't bother them.
If they were aggressive you would already know .

We all need bees to pollinate flowers and trees please don't kill them just cuz they are there .

Plant more flowers along the side of your apt.
Give them what they want so they will stop looking .
My house has flowers all around it .
Bees won't bother you if you don't bother them.
If they were aggressive you would already know .

We all need bees to pollinate flowers and trees please don't kill them just cuz they are there .

I don't want to kill them. That just angers them more, and rightfully so lol. I just don't want them swarming into my garage. Maybe I will plant some flowers in a couple weeks. Thanks Blanca

Lots of cheap bright carnations you'll be fine and look good too !
Chicks dig guys who plant flowers !

Lots of cheap bright carnations you'll be fine and look good too !
Chicks dig guys who plant flowers !

Really,I just thought whipped husbands and gayguys planted flowers.

I have planted some things over the years,but nothing that would get me in better homes and gardens. More like 2-5 at grey bar hotel.:laugh:

Just messin',never thought flowers would be a good thing to do.:super:

Rubb.

guys dig guys who plant flowers blanca, you've been in FL too long...

I've heard tale of folks hanging ziplock bags full of water over doors. Some people swear by it. I can't possibly see how it would actually work, but thought I would toss it out there.

Chris

I'm happily married with kids and a yard full of flowers !
Before that I went to Palm Beach Junior College for Horticulture.
Talk about class full of fifi !
Give a girl an orchid you yourself grew and man that gonna be a big piece she gives ya'
Can you say Ficus Benjamina !
:laugh:

Last edited:
I've heard tale of folks hanging ziplock bags full of water over doors. Some people swear by it. I can't possibly see how it would actually work, but thought I would toss it out there.

Chris

Gotta put a penny in it also. Suppose to trick them into thinking there is a spider web there. Penny= spider and the water= web from the light reflecting off of it.

lol... my suggestion is you clean up the coolant you apparently have laying all over the flower in such large amounts it attracts bee's...

i work with the garage door open all summer, never had a problem lol:)

then again, i've never been afraid of bees.... one comes in either i ignore it or shoo it out the door...

I was attacked on Tuesday by wood bees. I was trimming a holly bush at a car lot when all of a sudden I had 100+ bees after me.. Got stung 8 times.. Ran to the truck grabbed two cans of wasp spray and went midevil on the bush.. Dang arms hurt the rest of the week.

I was attacked on Tuesday by wood bees. I was trimming a holly bush at a car lot when all of a sudden I had 100+ bees after me.. Got stung 8 times.. Ran to the truck grabbed two cans of wasp spray and went midevil on the bush.. Dang arms hurt the rest of the week.

Ouchie!!! I personally hate bees, but if they don't bother me, I don't bother them. The carpenter bees destroying my porch in WV learned that lesson real quick!!! They have some nasty stingers on them too.

Bees and I don't get along too well. They have the upper hand. I leave them alone and they usually go away in a few seconds.

Really,I just thought whipped husbands and gayguys planted flowers.

I have planted some things over the years,but nothing that would get me in better homes and gardens. More like 2-5 at grey bar hotel.:laugh:

Just messin',never thought flowers would be a good thing to do.:super:

Rubb.

Haha! This coming from a guy wearing a dress and lipstick!!! :lol: Some of us have that image burnt in our memory forever!!

Back