Beating A Dead Horse: Gen 2 Saddlebags

justinreagin

Registered
So, I've read multiple threads and most are pretty vague about specifics. I have a bone stock 2015 Busa that I'd like to add some removable bags to without breaking the bank. I also don't want to torch them with the exhaust pipes, screw up the paint on the tail, and I'd like to be able to accommodate a ladyfriend on the back as well.... too much? If anyone can recommend specific models (links would be awesome) based on their personal experience, or what to stay away from as well, I'd be grateful!

Check RKA bags if your looking for soft bags. Sponsor Pashnit.com has them on his sight. I have used mine a few times never had any problems. I put down some blu painters tape to prevent rubbing the paint.

Not a lot of options for soft bags on the Gen II. The shape of the tail and turn signal pods make it hard to fit bags. I have used soft bags and painters tape, its about all you can do. Hard bags are the best option, but then those are expensive. You should check out Givi bags as well. I now have a Ventura set up and it is the best system I have used so far.

Agreed that is why I stated if he was looking for soft bags. I would love hard bags but I only need them two or three times a year and just can't justify the cost. For that fact I would really like to just get a third wheel trailer but again can't justify it.

V35 bags , Racks from revzilla . I'm $1000 in for it all . Built the back rest myself . After owning a FJR1300 and knowing how good GOOD bags are
I spent the money . Now no going back . I delivered a cake to a party today . Worlds fastest cake lol . Soft bags are ok but I had issues over the years with worn paint , torn straps . flopping in the wind . To each there own , and budget .

20160326_155353_zpsqhhqbell.jpg
20160326_083448_zpsshujqng0.jpg
20160326_085649_zpsputpgqiz.jpg
20160325_180516_zpsmnxm1gal.jpg
20160328_200349_zpsuudluqft.jpg
20160328_185905_HDR_zpsnmnusa2z.jpg
20160401_164041_HDR_zpsyqd4irxz.jpg
20160401_174243_zpskkk1uqto.jpg
20160401_161406_zps7vgziqnv.jpg
20160401_161418_zpsmo9tuukx.jpg

You guys are AWESOME. Thank you! I'll keep poking around and pricing and such. Worlds fastest cake... that's some classic stuff!

So, I've read multiple threads and most are pretty vague about specifics. I have a bone stock 2015 Busa that I'd like to add some removable bags to without breaking the bank. I also don't want to torch them with the exhaust pipes, screw up the paint on the tail, and I'd like to be able to accommodate a ladyfriend on the back as well.... too much? If anyone can recommend specific models (links would be awesome) based on their personal experience, or what to stay away from as well, I'd be grateful!

If you are looking for hard bags, hit me up. I have my Givi set up for sale. Same as what C10 has without the center rack.

Reactions: c10
10+ years of using the RKA Saddlebags on both my Hayabusas. Many many travels.

http://www.pashnit.com/product/rka/saddlebags_50.html

Bought a roll of clear racer tape and used that where the bags / straps touch the paint.

Reason why the RKA has been so popular with Busa owners is the top straps are very thin and you can still run with the hump & bags.

14694474516_3d5dc4d7fe_o.jpg

I own a Suzuki V-Strom 650 Adventure, which has big metal side bags and top box... a kit from TwistedThrottle for my Busa was purchased that allows me to swap the boxes between the bikes. and... I can also use the top box on my Kawasaki Concours 14.

I had soft bags on my Gen 1, I didn't really care for the soft bags. Agreed, hard bags are $$$ but I bought the SW Motech rear and side racks and Givi bags. I went with the Givi Trekker 33L bags. More of a dual sport type bag, wasn't sure how it would look on my busa but I kinda like the look. They are narrower than other Givi bags, I wanted to keep the overall width down. Still have about $15K less in it than my brother-in-laws Streetglide and I think my bike is more fun to ride, more "cool factor", and comfortable enough.
IMG_20140806_160527661.jpg

Back