Bear with me as I am choked up a little bit at present PLEASE HAVE A LOOK

One slight issue there Rubb, we have several nations represented on this forum, who's vets do we support? I'm certain people would be more interested in supporting vets of their own nations.

With the economic down turn facing us all in light of this pandemic, the timing is off I think.

...and, @dewie would be the driving force of any such venture as it is his bike and his decision as to what happens with it.

A PM to him in advance of any ideas and plans to ensure he is on board and supportive would be prudent....
And this is why I need a good slap in the head from time to time. I get excited easily and need guidance from folks like you and Mr. Brown to keep me in check and keep it real. I have the enthusiasm and off the wall ideas...you guys have to be the brains behind it all. All issues that have to be addressed. Rubb wants this moved on TODAY. Well,that's not realistic.Mr.Brown pointed that out to me prior to this idea. I get ahead of myself. You guys pull back on the reins. It's the freakin' dream team.
Not that I'm suggesting anybody has to do anything. Just spit balling right now,but that's how great things can happen.
Rubb.

And this is why I need a good slap in the head from time to time. I get excited easily and need guidance from folks like you and Mr. Brown to keep me in check and keep it real. I have the enthusiasm and off the wall ideas...you guys have to be the brains behind it all. All issues that have to be addressed. Rubb wants this moved on TODAY. Well,that's not realistic.Mr.Brown pointed that out to me prior to this idea. I get ahead of myself. You guys pull back on the reins. It's the freakin' dream team.
Not that I'm suggesting anybody has to do anything. Just spit balling right now,but that's how great things can happen.
Rubb.

Passion is a good thing sometimes but controlled passion is better.

Your heart is in the place though.

Also we'd have to realize most of this would pretty much have to be...
"Post Covid." :banghead:
With the extra feelers out there,Dewie might easily sell his ride in the near future. I'm gonna get with my daughter today,she is very smart and active CDN military...she may have some idea's and avenues to explore.
I may have little real world wealth,but they can't take my dreams.

Passion is a good thing sometimes but controlled passion is better.

Your heart is in the place though.
Affirmative Sarge.

:lol:

BTW, I was a Sgt once but a Sgt is 2 ranks below what I was...:poke:
I'm on a very heavy dose of meds...trying to cure the "Foot-In-Mouth" disease but they have yet to kick in. You told me your rank just yesterday...but that my friend WAS yesterday.
Let me just take up a defensive position

...talk to ya later OK. Rubb.

I'm on a very heavy dose of meds...trying to cure the "Foot-In-Mouth" disease but they have yet to kick in. You told me your rank just yesterday...but that my friend WAS yesterday.
Let me just take up a defensive position View attachment 1618396

...talk to ya later OK. Rubb.

Of course in the real world this is a moot point as I am just a happy "civvy" now....:D

In the end it don't matter what rank I retired as-my wife is one rank higher anyway.

Thanks Mr. B for thinking about this and looking out. None comes to mind but I will look around as I know a special forces guy that has been riding with my son. I'll do what I can and see if I can find someone.

@skydivr @Skywalker @SSGT_B @Yellow09 as vets, do you guys have any contacts within such organizations? @c10 can you ask your wife if she does?
I know there are other vets here, but these are the ones who came to mind immediately.

Just got off the phone with our man Dewie. The Busa needs nothing to roll out to the new owner except for some new tires. Dewie want's the bike to be absolutely mint when it gets sold.
You guys research the heck out of everything so I figured somebody may have a line on a dealer,distributor,or shop that may be able to offer us a good deal on a set. Keeping in mind that the bike is destined to end up in the hands of a Wounded Warrior. This is the main goal.This is Dewie's number one wish. Perhaps a business out there can cut us a deal...or perhaps even donate a set in their name. :bowdown:
If anybody can help with this in anyway Dewie,myself and really all of us would be forever grateful. Thanks,Rubb.

A couple of things...

1. Dewie, good to see you posting on the site! Keep coming back no requirement for a busa just folks that have some common experiences.

2. I pinned this thread so it will stay on the top of the page

3. If you have the time go over to the Showcase and add your bike and we will highlight it over there with you and make sure that folks know you have a bike just waiting on the right person that is already built and ready to go.

A couple of things...

1. Dewie, good to see you posting on the site! Keep coming back no requirement for a busa just folks that have some common experiences.

2. I pinned this thread so it will stay on the top of the page

3. If you have the time go over to the Showcase and add your bike and we will highlight it over there with you and make sure that folks know you have a bike just waiting on the right person that is already built and ready to go.
And that ladies and gentlemen is how you get things done.
Thank you Cap. :bowdown:
Update for those interested: I will be reaching out to Veterans Affairs Canada soon via email. I will draft something up and get assistance from brother Dewie,Mr.Brown and others on the final letter before reaching out to that organization. I'm reaching out to me daughter (active CDN military) on leads as well. I like progress,and these kinds of things are a move in the right direction. Thank you again Cap for your support.
Anybody else who would like a look see at the draft before it goes out would be most welcome. There are a lot of highly intelligent and well respected folks here at the Org and your input is highly valued.Thoughts and idea's will always be most welcomed.Keep them coming either here or by PM. Thanks folks,have a great day and stay safe.
and,Keep the Rubber Side Down.

And that ladies and gentlemen is how you get things done.
Thank you Cap. :bowdown:
Update for those interested: I will be reaching out to Veterans Affairs Canada soon via email. I will draft something up and get assistance from brother Dewie,Mr.Brown and others on the final letter before reaching out to that organization. I'm reaching out to me daughter (active CDN military) on leads as well. I like progress,and these kinds of things are a move in the right direction. Thank you again Cap for your support.
Anybody else who would like a look see at the draft before it goes out would be most welcome. There are a lot of highly intelligent and well respected folks here at the Org and your input is highly valued.Thoughts and idea's will always be most welcomed.Keep them coming either here or by PM. Thanks folks,have a great day and stay safe.
and,Keep the Rubber Side Down.

I personally wouldn't be involving Veteran's Affairs with this but that's your call, they normally wouldn't get involved with this sort of thing.

I gave a couple links out of people who MAY entertain this idea and would be a better fit.

I personally wouldn't be involving Veteran's Affairs with this but that's your call, they normally wouldn't get involved with this sort of thing.

I gave a couple links out of people who MAY entertain this idea and would be a better fit.
Yeah, I'm with you on this. No need to involve them, they're unlikely to be interested or helpful.

and this is why help/opinions/idea's are welcomed. Thanks Yellow. :thumbsup:
We will let word of mouth do some things for now. I can see them not wanting any involvement at all. Just an' idea...and with me...some bad...some worse.:laugh: Thanks Yellow,you being ex-military would know better than most of us. Rubb.

An interesting point was raised via PM. Shipping? I will holla at a couple members that had a Busa shipped to them over a long distance.One of them was member PacificBusa aka PacMan. He had his bike shipped all the way to Guam.The logistics on that must have been something but,it was accomplished. :thumbsup:
I love a good challenge.

Looking thru old pics trying to answer my own question about my hard bags f up. Came across this pic...ignore dummy in foreground turn yer attention to hump hanging on the wall. Used to have a huge supply of extra parts to send out to the mem's in need.
A member spots the hump and hints (took me a while to get it) to send it out to someone.Cool,no worries.
Turns out to be probably the best gift I ever sent out. Why...cause of the awesome,tuff as nails,never quit,up standing member,Hubby,Father, and more.
Funny how a posted pic led me to a friendship with this guy. Have lost touch with him long ago.My fault I am sure.:redface:
I would love to get back in touch with Dewie. I really admire him. I would have turned to the bottle and probably let it kill me.
Here is a link to one of his posts.
Check out this man and his Busa. Some will have seen it before,but in true Rubbah fashion....I don't care.Needs revisiting.
Rubb.
The pic in question,I think it was this on,not completely sure. Member(s) who spotted it and suggested the gift idea please step forward if you are still on the board...please and thanks. I have something for you.

SO,YOU THINK YOU ARE TOUGH

View attachment 1618327
Dude I definitely could and would appreciate one of those bike stands! #hurt-n down south. Ty anyway

Has everybody exhausted all of their leads?
Thanks, Rubb.
I'm just reading this thread. I'll make 2 suggestions. For this cause, I can think of 2 outlets that may want the free publicity in exchange. Keyboard Transport. They specialize in motorcycle shipping. (Might be keyboard Logistics).

And I'd call the show Overhaulin. While they are typically cars for Vets, for this cause, they maybe could want to get their hands into it for him.

Good on ya Rub.

I'm just reading this thread. I'll make 2 suggestions. For this cause, I can think of 2 outlets that may want the free publicity in exchange. Keyboard Transport. They specialize in motorcycle shipping. (Might be keyboard Logistics).

And I'd call the show Overhaulin. While they are typically cars for Vets, for this cause, they maybe could want to get their hands into it for him.

Good on ya Rub.
These are awesome idea's.:thumbsup:
Getting to work on them ASAP.
Rubb.

Well isnt this an interesting thread to be found. Seen your ad in kijiji duane and sent it to scar to reach the ishoc community.

Any other canadian busa riders in here? Ill be making a trip from winnipeg to chilliwack mid sept. Wouldnt mind meeting a few other pilots on route.

Back