Bear with me as I am choked up a little bit at present PLEASE HAVE A LOOK

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Looking thru old pics trying to answer my own question about my hard bags f up. Came across this pic...ignore dummy in foreground turn yer attention to hump hanging on the wall. Used to have a huge supply of extra parts to send out to the mem's in need.
A member spots the hump and hints (took me a while to get it) to send it out to someone.Cool,no worries.
Turns out to be probably the best gift I ever sent out. Why...cause of the awesome,tuff as nails,never quit,up standing member,Hubby,Father, and more.
Funny how a posted pic led me to a friendship with this guy. Have lost touch with him long ago.My fault I am sure.:redface:
I would love to get back in touch with Dewie. I really admire him. I would have turned to the bottle and probably let it kill me.
Here is a link to one of his posts.
Check out this man and his Busa. Some will have seen it before,but in true Rubbah fashion....I don't care.Needs revisiting.
Rubb.
The pic in question,I think it was this on,not completely sure. Member(s) who spotted it and suggested the gift idea please step forward if you are still on the board...please and thanks. I have something for you.

SO,YOU THINK YOU ARE TOUGH

I think this is his ad:

Send the seller a message, see if it's him. If it is, you're reconnected! :thumbsup:
Well I'll be fugged...ARE YOU NOT THE MAN....presents for you my friend.
I go see,let everybody know. He was from Medicine Hat...close to Cow Town.

Thats him !!!!!! His real name is Duane.
No contact # just email. :banghead:
Email sent.,

I think this is his ad:

Send the seller a message, see if it's him. If it is, you're reconnected! :thumbsup:
Took you 28 minutes to find him...yer gettin' slow my friend.:p
If he gets back to me,free pie for LIFE for you. Ahhh,not good enuff. I'll sell my Busa and put your daughter thru university. I can spare a kidney too...very little damage

My daughter's college/university is already covered, but I'll take free hair pie for life! Meet you in Rock Bay? :firing:
Just 3 blocks away :thumbsup: The Gub/ment in all its wisdom has taken over all the local hotels/motels in my hood. ALL OF THEM.
Moving in are the fine folks from Pandora tent city...Topaz Park tent city...Rock Bay crack smokers. Nice eh. Property values just dropped to nothing. Wish I was still drinking...I could get into Friday night fights 100 feet from my door.
Rubb.

Damn you guys are efficient. Could start a P.I business tracking people all over lol. Got to talk to R.S.D for a half hour today and that’s always good! Thanks for tracking me down

I’m back. Sorry for disappearing fellas. I’ve been doing sweet F all like most you guys with this covid. I’ve been working on my car, 14’ Nissan GT-R with an Alpha kit on it make about 800HP at the crank. And also on a 76 Chev C10 squarebody, my dad bought it new and two winters ago we tore it down and did a bunch of custom work to it, but it’s bare steel right now just waiting to go into paint.

But yeah, listed the bike up for sale again. Would love to see it go to someone who needs it and has troubles walking. If someone knows someone or can suggest a place to list it I’ll pay a finders fee for sure. And depending on the deal can deliver if that’s a issue. Just not ripping it down and selling it for $7k or what ever it’s worth. That’s my add above but it gets removed after a couple months.
Email is dewiewilburr@hotmail.com.

Like I told Andy over the phone I really miss this site, always full of great guys and positive attitudes and you guys come together and help if someone is down, like you did for RSD and me. Keep it up and don’t change a thing fellas.
I’ll post a few pictures for giggles. All the best.

D0448864-6EC2-4A6C-80B6-4E5B793A04CD.jpeg

36B35B26-4985-42A8-A2AC-658FDF019B40.jpeg

CAB075F9-7921-49CB-A955-4CD7FFBC253C.jpeg

18C48BE7-D45D-4AA0-B84D-989CA9E68438.jpeg

0AF68E7D-85AC-4C34-9B0E-1E08EE0654CA.jpeg

50EF56C0-7AEB-4921-80FF-B32192130316.jpeg

83A4BAE7-E0FF-43AA-BC75-0BBB98230421.jpeg

I will ramble on a bit as I always do. I try to type in point by point format now Dewie so as not to bore the fug outa people.
Great pics,beautifull ladies. You must feel honored and proud the way they have had your back. A lot of people could not handle the situation,your wife is a rock. :bowdown:
The boyz here will rally bigtime as always in this kind of deal. Perhaps if we could find out how to post up on a "Wounded Warriors" type site.
How cool would it be to see one of our wounded men or women get back in the saddle after all they have been thru and sacrificed for us.
Some folks may never have even thought of the idea of climbing back on a motorcycle...let alone a Hayabusa.
The new owner would get support here from new found friends.:thumbsup:
As folks too numerous to mention would say...it would be good for the soul.
I think if needed members would stand front and center to help get the bike from you to the new owner as well. Help with pick-up or un-loading things of that nature. I know if your bike came my way I would be there in a heartbeat.
Great phone call my friend.
Anything,anytime. Rubb.

Damn you guys are efficient. Could start a P.I business tracking people all over lol. Got to talk to R.S.D for a half hour today and that’s always good! Thanks for tracking me down

I’m back. Sorry for disappearing fellas. I’ve been doing sweet F all like most you guys with this covid. I’ve been working on my car, 14’ Nissan GT-R with an Alpha kit on it make about 800HP at the crank. And also on a 76 Chev C10 squarebody, my dad bought it new and two winters ago we tore it down and did a bunch of custom work to it, but it’s bare steel right now just waiting to go into paint.

But yeah, listed the bike up for sale again. Would love to see it go to someone who needs it and has troubles walking. If someone knows someone or can suggest a place to list it I’ll pay a finders fee for sure. And depending on the deal can deliver if that’s a issue. Just not ripping it down and selling it for $7k or what ever it’s worth. That’s my add above but it gets removed after a couple months.
Email is dewiewilburr@hotmail.com.

Like I told Andy over the phone I really miss this site, always full of great guys and positive attitudes and you guys come together and help if someone is down, like you did for RSD and me. Keep it up and don’t change a thing fellas.
I’ll post a few pictures for giggles. All the best.

View attachment 1618349

View attachment 1618350

View attachment 1618351

View attachment 1618352

View attachment 1618353

View attachment 1618354

View attachment 1618355
I was posted to Suffield for a bit...I have graced the streets of Medicine Hat from time to time

Man you guys are so kind. This is a best club by far, I appreciate all the praise and it took some time to get here but if everyone here was injured, afterwards you want to get back to what you love. Riding was my love since my first bike at 9y/o, and have loved every minute and so glad I was able to ride after my wreck, and not a trike but same bike I was riding when I was cut off by a gravel truck.

We all can bounce back after a hurtle. You can only forge steel after going through fire.

I’d love the bike to go to a wounded vet!! Make it happen.

Back