Bead blasting Titanium

c10

Registered
Made this last night for RJ . Thought this was neat.

20200117_205215.jpg

20200117_203940.jpg

@c10 It would be cool if you started a line of Titanium products for the Gen 2.!
It would be cool however every part in Titanium is truly hand made with files , hand sawing , band saw for long cuts . The time involved is off the chart . One piece is a good portion of a weekend.
If I owned a small mill or lathe the parts would be faster . However I've been told tooling for cutting titanium is rather expensive, and wears quickly.
By hand what takes minutes on Aluminum, and mild steel is an hour or more.

One could produce their own parts in spare time with a vise , drill , bench grinder, belt sander. Sometimes lots of Titanium scraps for sale on Ebay motor's.

It would be cool however every part in Titanium is truly hand made with files , hand sawing , band saw for long cuts . The time involved is off the chart . One piece is a good portion of a weekend.
If I owned a small mill or lathe the parts would be faster . However I've been told tooling for cutting titanium is rather expensive, and wears quickly.
By hand what takes minutes on Aluminum, and mild steel is an hour or more.

One could produce their own parts in spare time with a vise , drill , bench grinder, belt sander. Sometimes lots of Titanium scraps for sale on Ebay motor's.
Out of curiosity I was on Ebay looking to see about some Ti scraps...what would I type in?

It might be kind of fun building something out of Ti for my crate...

Back