Be careful out there...almost dumped the copper

84Ninja

Registered
Of course it goes without saying to be careful at all times, but especially in the winter with the cold and all of the crap on the road!

Yesterday around 5 pm I headed out towards the mountains in VA (from MD) to look at a missile command arcade game. Just after pulling out of my place I turned onto a residential street as I was simultaneously looking at the side of the Busa (for some stupid reason:whistle:). Next thing I know I feel both wheels sliding out from under me and it eventually occurs to me this is not good. Finally the wheels caught traction and I continued on. Damned piles of sand/grit are like ice. I almost shat a brick! The last time I dumped a bike was my '84 Ninja due to these little pebbles!

Anyway, when I got to the guy's house it had to be 25F outside. I was half frozen because I didn't layer up like I should have. It was painful! A few moments along that frezzing, dark and gusty highway it occurred to me wtf am I doing? Am I really doing this? One of my fingertips is still numb today!! One of the dumbest things I've done in a while. So please- bundle up more than you think you'll need and watch that f-ing sand.

And, btw, I have a few new rock chips on the fairing..I think extreme cold causes the paint to chip easier when hit by rocks

:laugh:

Last edited:
Well, did you buy the Missile Command game? I loved that game...probably cost me some points on my GPA in college. :laugh:

Well, did you buy the Missile Command game? I loved that game...probably cost me some points on my GPA in college. :laugh:

No. It was in beautiful shape, but restored! I'm looking for an untouched, original game. And its funny you mention college and this particular game...we must be near the same age. My first year of college was spent playing Missile Command in the college entertainment center. Guys would stand in a line to play this game..it was epically fun and something nobody had ever seen before.
I was completely addicted to it!! I ended up going on academic probation with a 1.8 gpa and my dad cut me off. :laugh:

No. It was in beautiful shape, but restored! I'm looking for an untouched, original game. And its funny you mention college and this particular game...we must be near the same age. My first year of college was spent playing Missile Command in the college entertainment center. Guys would stand in a line to play this game..it was epically fun and something nobody had ever seen before.
I was completely addicted to it!! I ended up going on academic probation with a 1.8 gpa and my dad cut me off. :laugh:

LOL, man that sounds familiar. :rofl:

I played that game until my fingers bled, won a local tournament, but only took third place at the regionals held at the Univ. of Nebraska. What a dweeb I was (am). At almost 50, I still play computer games, too.

Back on topic, glad your pucker moment worked out OK. I'm ready for clean roads and warm weather. Snow moving into Dallas/Ft. Worth as we speak.

I've had my bike slide out the rear end on a turn because of sand left on the road after winter. Road looks clear but there was still alot of sand left from winter time. After that I usually wait unti a good rain washes away most of the sand.

Wow good thing you didnt go down. Hurts more when its cold !
I always liked defender or Galaga myself !
Stay safe, eyes up !

LOL, man that sounds familiar. :rofl:

I played that game until my fingers bled, won a local tournament, but only took third place at the regionals held at the Univ. of Nebraska. What a dweeb I was (am). At almost 50, I still play computer games, too.

Back on topic, glad your pucker moment worked out OK. I'm ready for clean roads and warm weather. Snow moving into Dallas/Ft. Worth as we speak.

Wow, that's awesome. I too was good, but never competed. I think my highest game was 1.8 million or something like that. It was great fun especially for a guy who wasn't getting laid at the time(geek). I used to play an online missile command recently that was exactly like the real thing, but they took it down (here are some other greats: Atari Video Games | Arcade).

Thanks..snow moving here as well! Brrrrrr!

Wow good thing you didnt go down. Hurts more when its cold !
I always liked defender or Galaga myself !
Stay safe, eyes up !

Galaga was fun too. Damn those bees!

my_galaga.png

Hey how's your bike runing these days? I remember you have couple issues.

Hi Strife! Thanks for asking..Bike seems to be running well. I still keep the clutch pulled in when starting it and running till warm. If I don't do this it makes a mild clacking/clunking sound and the RPM drops about 200 rpm. When it warms up fully it goes away..maybe does once or twice here or there. It also still has the asbestos smell after I start it up coming from out of the "cockpit" and then it goes away. I don't know what to make of it. My mechanic was trying to figure it out when sitting on the bike, but just looked confused. I stopped going to him because every time I brought one of my bikes to him it would come back with cosmetic damage and never ran that great (He gave me his word it wouldn't happen again-then I came in for new tires and some younger guy changed them like he was lasso-ing and roping cattle and scratched up my minty rims in the process :(

How are things with your bike? :beerchug:

You must really like the video game to be riding in that kinda cold weather! Glad to hear that you were able to keep the rubber side down. :thumbsup:

Back