Be careful of this

monsterspeedfreak

Donating Member
Registered
Left a light the other night, got on it hard in first, with tires that were too cold........ The bike spun right away, slowely picked the front end off the ground while spinning then suddenly grabbed traction and heaved the front end straight towards the stars in a split second.........Very scary.....happens in a fraction of a second.
Be aware of this, when you're on it hard in 1st.....
I got lucky and let off fast enough to drop it back down.
Scared the crap out of me though!!!!!!

with tires that were too cold........
Always give the tires time to warm up before doing too much on the bike. Your only riding on rubber patch the size of a couple credit cards. Tire temperture is crucial to optimal performance and traction.

Glad you saved it and just a lesson for ALL of us to remember!

Marc "Howlin Mad"

This would have been good foder for the "Mistakes" thread.

I had my rear get all squirely first thing yesterday, the words "Temperature range" and "Heat cycle" popped up. Wasn't a moment not "spooky" like monsters...but lil reminders can prevent big whoopsies...

I know this might be bad, but as soon as I read the thread, the first thing I thought about was what you face looked like when you stood the bike up - - -
wow.gif

I know that what you did could have been bad, but it was morning and I wasn't quite all put together in the head yet.
smile.gif

I know this might be bad, but as soon as I read the thread, the first thing I thought about was what you face looked like when you stood the bike up - - -  
wow.gif

I know that what you did could have been bad, but it was morning and I wasn't quite all put together in the head yet.  
smile.gif
More like what your pants felt like...
biggrin.gif

wow.gif

smile.gif
More like what your pants felt like...
biggrin.gif
ew
All warm and squishy
lookaround.gif

Glad you kept it on the wheels.

Back