Be careful in those no passing zones--RIP fellow rider

It's a shame... and I pray for the family... but DUH it was a No Passing Zone for a REASON.

So sad that a momentary lapse in judgment can carry such consequences. Condolences to the family.

For some reason, I notice motorcyclists seem to think some rules don't apply to them...I don't know if it's because they're only on two wheels, or they think the bike's fast enough to make a move like that, but it's never a good idea. I've done it, won't sit here and pretend I haven't, but it's usually when I'm behing "farm vehicles" or cars that drive just like 'em, and never on blind turns...makes me think twice now though; not worth the risk...

Just sad...so avoidable :down:

Seems that passing in "no passing" zones is one of the biggest problems these days with all drivers. I see so many people completely ignore double yellows, almost like they don't even know what they mean, which wouldn't surprise me a bit. Drivers Ed has taken a downhill turn over the last 20 years judging by the poor driving skills of a lot of people out there. Frankly I wish states would do something useful like pass a bill mandating a road test every 4 years with license renewal. I know a WHOLE lotta people would be walking until they learned how to drive again! :laugh:

Back