Bazzaz vs PCV

newb

Registered
Why do most of you use the PCV vs the more capable Bazzaz Z-FI TC? They have them on fleabay for $653 and I am strongly considering it. By the time you get the PCV set up to control all of the injectors you have almost spent as much anyway.

I plan to use ecu editor but its hard to find someone to tune it. Haven't looked into it lately but the auto tune process was user friendly being that I have to carry a laptop around. A plug and play module is much easier in that regard.

And TC would be cool!

If you have any late model Suzuki Sportbike both PC and Bazzazz are left in the dust by the capabilities of ECU Editor. There is no caparison and unless you have already spent your money on a PC or Bazzazz then DON'T DO IT.

I really don't know much about the ECU Editor. I'll have to look into it. The Bazzaz business model, however, is to take what we've developed at the highest levels of Superbike and MotoGP and make it available to the mass market and easily contolled by the end user. So, with that in mind, the Z-Fi TC offers adjustable fuel control, quick shift, and tunable traction contol in one easy to install unit with easy to operate software.

One should consider what features are going to be the most beneficial in getting the results desired and whether or not it can be tuned easily or will someone else have to do it.

Add the Z-AFM self mapper and you've got the same set up as a professional race team.

I copied this from their Website (ecueditor.com - ultimate gsxr superbike ecu flash tuning software by petrik)

What can the ecueditor.com software do?
The stock Suzuki Engine ECU contains a lot of advanced features that many owners are not even aware of. The ecueditor.com software allows you to unlock these feature and get the full potential out of your ECU.

Tune and adjust fuel maps (IAP and TPS)
Set RPM limiters and remove top speed limiters
Autotune with data logging to laptop
Tune and adjust the ignition maps
Quickshifter and autoshifting
Turbo fueling and boost control module
Nitrous mapping with ramp up timer and solenoid control
Disable Stock O2 sensor and closed loop functionality
Disable PAIR valve (air bleed into exhaust)
Adjustable Traction Control (slew rate RPM limiter)
Adjustable Launch Control (2 stage RPM limiter)
Programmable launch and shift light
Numerous other advanced tweaks and mods for the serious race bike setup

Reactions: Zee
Like I said, hadn't looked into it in some time. I hadn't seen the TC option in ecu editor. Now I'm curious. Time to do some more reading

And.....$200. Bazzaz or PC still need to be tuned by a pro to unlock their full potential. Plus they only control 1/2 of the injectors (all 8 w/ECU Editor). Many PC maps have been converted to be used by ECU editor for those who want 2 use a canned map as opposed to going to a tuner, or to be used until they get to one. Only thing that attaches to/ stays on the bike is a small wire harness. Sure a flash drive type logger is not too far from being released, either.

And.....$200. Bazzaz or PC still need to be tuned by a pro to unlock their full potential. Plus they only control 1/2 of the injectors (all 8 w/ECU Editor). Many PC maps have been converted to be used by ECU editor for those who want 2 use a canned map as opposed to going to a tuner, or to be used until they get to one. Only thing that attaches to/ stays on the bike is a small wire harness. Sure a flash drive type logger is not too far from being released, either.

bazzaz controls eight, pc can with sfi.

both need to be tuned to show full potential of mapping.

if you dont have access to anyone that will tune with ecu editor, id go with bazzaz, if you dont have anyone that can tune with it then your decision is made for you.

i have the bazzaz zfi+qs and afm on my bike. they work well.

Actually bazzaz controls all eight injectors out of the box. PCV has add on module to control second 4. Both offer add on self tune.

I didn't find where EE has a functional traction control. It was discussed and planned but I didn't see a completion. Unless I missed it.

Reactions: Zee
Anyone using Bazzaz on a Gen I?

I use a Bazzaz on my GEN I. It works great. I got tired of the PC. The biggest thing I like about it over the old PC is its reliablity. It lets you tune per gear also. I'm hoping they come out with a EE for the GEN I.

I put a post up on the Bazzaz Z FI TC a few days ago and no replies to it. Maybe you have put it to the test sir at the drag strip.

Back