Bay Area Riders: Ride this Saturday

OB_CuriousMike

Registered
Mines Road in back of Livermore.
Riding to the junction and back is ~2 hours, exploring more that Mines has to offer is ~2-4 hours.

Meet at the McDonalds on the corner of 680 and Mission Blvd. (There are TWO Mission Blvd exits... one south, the other about 2 miles north as you go up the grade. You want the north exit.)

Livermore via 84, in the back way. (sorta to the resevoir)

I've all but given up on the west side of Mt. Hamilton... it's just too gravely the past year.

However, the 90 miles of asphalt running east on the backside are awesome!

If you live in the north-east bay, we could try for a second meeting spot, where you make the left onto Mines just before "Mines" heads up to Del Valle Resevoir.
See...
http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Py...8&cs=7&BFClient=&BFCat =&map. x=317&map.y=345

[This message has been edited by CuriousMike (edited 13 July 2000).]

Count me in, I just got a new Metzeler rear tire yesterday. Perfect timing for break it in. The McDonalds is only 2 minutes from where I live.

Calvin

Wish I could join you guys, but I have to work. Haven't ridden around that part of the Bay yet...mostly up and down the coastline and through 35. Next time...

[This message has been edited by Sonic Boom (edited 13 July 2000).]

Work, schmerk.

How many organized rides are you gonna have with a bunch of guys on Hayabusas?

Call in and say you'll be late.

This road is worth it.

(But then again, if you like super-smooth, super fast roads like 35, you might not like Mines. Mines is like a flat version of Page Mill Road... except 5 times as long.)

Count me in I was looking for a ride. Hey Im leaving from San Leandro Does anyone want to ride up with me? Also do you know the address of the Mcdonalds?

Ambush,
Here's a map for ya (see bottom)...
From San Leandro, it's a bit of a ***** to easily get where you want to go.
Probably the easiest and fastest would be to go south on 880, into Fremont, and take the Auto Mall Parkway Exit. Head east (left at the offramp exit), and go about 4 miles (?) on Automall Parkway (which turns into Durham.) When you see the huge Frys Electronics on the left, you'll be at the 680 interchange; take the 680 interchange NORTH. (I believe you go over 680 on Durham, and make a right onto the onramp.) Head north on 680 for about 1.5 miles, take the Mission Blvd exit, and you'll literally run into the McDonalds.
Hope to see you there!

http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Py...country=us&mag=8&cs=7&BFClient=&BFCat=&map.x= 257&map.y=170

I'm up for this. Are you taking the back way to Mines over Mt. Hamilton? Or are you heading to Livermore first via 84? Or 580?

Lemme know so I can try to hook up.

Watch out on some of those back rodes behind Fremont/Hayward area some gravel on the rode plus some of the local people will do U-turns in the middle of no where land and when you come around a conner wham,ride safe,I'll be working on my roof this weekend plus maybe if I have time I'm installing the front braided brake lines from gafer.Ride safe all

Any bikes are welcome... we're riding!

Anyone who shows up, try to get to McDonalds before 9a.m. if...
a) you need to gas up. There's gas right next to McDonalds (Shell?)
b) you're gonna eat.

I don't wanna be leaving at 9:30 a.m.... I wanna *leave* as close to 9 as possible, so we get riding in.

Back