Battery Took A Dump

Is there an advantage to Scorpion over Shorai? What kind of battery tender do you use with Scorpion?

Honestly i have no idea in difference. I just got tired of the battery having to constantly be jumped leaving work. If i ride in its only 8 miles each way. Think i read some good reviews on Scorpion and it has a built in volt meter. Bought this charger https://www.batterystuff.com/battery-products/g3500.html to go with it.

li-ion batteries can actually just short circuit INTERNALLY and then its all over but the crying.. that's the problem.... soooooo much energy is stored... ive had an e-cig VENT on me in my pocket... and it was a 400 dollar comp lyfe mech mod with an 18650 sony vtc4 in it... the "best 18650 battery" .... I was really into mechanical mods and building all my own setups... had thousands and thousands of dollars into it... this was the mod.. in copper.. and u still need to buy a deck and a cap https://www.platinumvapeshiram.com/...s/the-flamethrower-mod?variant=12165610143811

Last edited:
with rebuilbadble e-cigs.. in order to twist ure own coils and calculate the amp draw on the battery... u have to understand ohms law..... so that if ure atomizer exceeds the maximum amps ure battery is rated for.... it can overheat and explode…… ask me how I know??? anyhow.. I never push more than 40 amps through any 18650 battery now.

misthub-ohms-law-chart1.png

have a ballistic (well over $200) on my 06 for 5 years with no problem bike rode very little, keep battery tender on it-not made for ballistic, they have 14 volt start. I have a 03 with wps (well under $200) for 2 years, works great if you use a lot, could have a drain in my electric but I keep tender on it and love it too. super lightweight. ballistic has derate warranty. fellas, I encourage you to buy lithium, just spend the money and you wont regret it

have a ballistic (well over $200) on my 06 for 5 years with no problem bike rode very little, keep battery tender on it-not made for ballistic, they have 14 volt start. I have a 03 with wps (well under $200) for 2 years, works great if you use a lot, could have a drain in my electric but I keep tender on it and love it too. super lightweight. ballistic has derate warranty. fellas, I encourage you to buy lithium, just spend the money and you wont regret it
I agree... I have to have a lithium battery.... im just telling u an inherent danger with any lithium... high density energy storage... I personally have vented a sony lithium ion battery… it happens fast... SONY...………………….. the newer motorcycle LIFEPO4 batteries have added internal safety mechanisms.... this is a nice touch but NOT NEW.... it has been tried before..... and all the manufacturers did was go to a "SAFER chemistry battery type" so that the new ones when they short circuit they "vent" and tend not to go into "FULL THERMAL RUNAWAY".......... that's an actual fire.... so the new chemistries tend to vent and spew gas when they malfunction and not catch fire...

Last edited:
New compared to old, dont mind the old battery dirt I was out on the atv and I use use that same battery.

20180817_214740.jpg

and remember my motorcycle brothers... a battery factory costs upwards of 50 million dollars..…. SONG/SAMSUNG/LG/PANASONIC... they invented this technology.... all the others are playing catch up...…..... and reverse engineering.

and remember my motorcycle brothers... a battery factory costs upwards of 50 million dollars..…. SONG/SAMSUNG/LG/PANASONIC... they invented this technology.... all the others are playing catch up...…..... and reverse engineering.

Easier to play catchup than be the innovator

Back