Battery replacement time

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
This time I got close to 4 years, that was on a Walmart battery and a charger always connected.

Before that they lasted a bit longer than 12 months, with no charger and the battery running down a few times.

I have an alarm which always draws around 4 mA. Batteries don’t like that.

How long does yours last?

1052442E-E866-4B11-8C63-CDED47791DB1.jpeg

Shorai LFX14A2-BS12, smaller than recomended for the bike lasted 10 years in my ZX-14. I kept it on a Shorai maintainer all winter during storage. This year, it required to be kept on a maintainer over night or it wouldn't start if it was a cool evening. I crashed that bike a couple weeks ago. I will replace with the same if I rebuild. I was told it would work fine for use with nitrous unless I went to a very large solenoid and was on the NOS for prolonged periods. Couldn't ask for more.

My stock busa lead acid battery has been working good since 2009. I got lucky on that one I guess. I also keep it on a maintainer over storage.

What I found out on this thread is that the difference in weight between lithium iron batteries is caused by the amount of lithium iron inside and the amount of lithium iron is directly related to the performance of the battery. Full Spectrum batteries are a little heavier than Shorai batteries but I would have ordered one instead of the Shorai. The reason I decided to stick with Shorai was that Shorai had previously given me good performance for years and I already had the Shorai charger which would not have worked with a Full Spectrum battery.

My 7 yr Old MotoBatt AGM battery finally croaked the other day so I was about to order another one, when I stumbled across this deal on Amazon today. Battery Tender BTL12A270CW Lithium. with the $45 coupon came out to $88.56 pre-tax. Not sure how long the Coupon is good for. Will report back on whether I like it or not. This is the one they list for the Busa so...

This time I got close to 4 years, that was on a Walmart battery and a charger always connected.

Before that they lasted a bit longer than 12 months, with no charger and the battery running down a few times.

I have an alarm which always draws around 4 mA. Batteries don’t like that.

How long does yours last?

View attachment 1637582
Some batteries aren't reliable at all they stuck almost 1/2 years after putting that on but a quality battery can last for more than 6/7 years easily. Maximum battery age limit should be 3/4 years which shows its authenticity and being a quality product.

My 7 yr Old MotoBatt AGM battery finally croaked the other day so I was about to order another one, when I stumbled across this deal on Amazon today. Battery Tender BTL12A270CW Lithium. with the $45 coupon came out to $88.56 pre-tax. Not sure how long the Coupon is good for. Will report back on whether I like it or not. This is the one they list for the Busa so...
Finally got around to installing this thing today as it was actually over 40 degrees when I got home for a change! Super light and fit perfectly. We'll see how long this thing lasts. Now I can actually proceed with some of my other Electrical items I have had rattling around in my desk for months!
1678240197577.png

Back