Battery Problem? Quick Help!

rg42284

Registered
I tried to start my 2004 Busa yesterday, but there was no power. With the key in "ON" and ignition button down there is no power. The thing is, I had ridden the busa the day before, and I ride at least every 2 days or so.

I tried to jump start it with my truck. The lights come on while the key was on "ON", but when I tried to start it the bike did not crank over. Could it be just the battery? or is there something wrong with my charging system? Thanx.

Bike in Nuetral? Clutch pulled in when cranking? KILL SWITCH OFF???
cool.gif

I did everything and the bike did not crank over. We'll see what happens when the new battery comes in.

Pisser man, you have a dealer handy? I mean your bike is still near warranty anyway, might be a good idea to get her checked out.

OH, and I wasn't working on a "your an idiot" angle. Just a sometimes it's the obvious things that bite ya in the ass...

Good luck, sorry there isn't more help for you here... Might Try SuzukiHayabusa.org...

did it make any effort to turn over or is it just totally dead?

I believe I had a bad battery. I asked around and I was told that some yuasa batteries are faulty because the way Exide assembles them. I am assuming that's what it was. I tried to charge the battery at Cycle Gear and they told me that the battery was toast.

I installed my new battery today, it seems like it starts a lot easier now than it did when it had the original battery. When I took it out for a ride, which I haven't done for a few days due to the battery, it was as if it ran a lot bettery. I don't know if it was just me, but the bike felt like it had more power. Who knows, could be just me though.

Well at least I've solved my problem, and have gone the extra step in ordering a Battery Tender, so that I can charge the battery every other month or so. Thanx for all your concern and help.

Back