Battery.... One for $30 & one for $100.. Is there really a difference?

stkflkr

Registered
I was just curious if anyone out there can tell me if there really is that big of a difference in battery performance that will get me to buy the more expensive one. My stock battery ( 3yrs old ) is not charging. I got a Battery tender to maintain the charge during the off season. I went to start it yesterday... Dead! Put it on my charger for a day, it started right up. So I put it back on the tender overnight, in the morning... Dead! So now I'm in the market for a new one.. Any suggestion?? Does any brand work better than others?? Send me in the right direction..

I kinda went through the same thing with my HD. Battery was 3yo. and wouldn't charge even with a bigger charger. Anyhow, the guys at my local B&M told me Yuasa is THE battery. It to was priced at a hundred, but exceeded the spec.s of the original one. It actually starts better now. No regrets.

So... Batteries plus is the place to go and yuosa battery is the battery to get.. Right?

I've found batteriesplus to be higher in some app.s (like for my Mac laptop). They don't carry Yuasa. If it costs near the same for both, get the Yuasa.

I had a horrible experience with batteries plus, 3 batteries of theirs leaked in my bike. I would recommend talking to GoldenChild he sells a battery that has enough amps to start a big bore and fits on a stock bike, got one last year and haven't looked back. Otherwise, Yuasa is universally held in high regard. Good luck, let us know what you do.

My new Yuasa will be here tomorrow. The original battery in my 05 lasted a looooooong time.:thumbsup:

Batt Plus is not a good place to buy your battery from... Shipping + tax yes even if its out of state charge you TAX,,,, Will not stand behind there warrenty....
Try this place
BatteryStuff.com

Gang, were selling so many batteries right now, can't keep them in stock. March 1st hit & we're inundated with these orders. For the Gen-I, I think we're backlogged about 15 people so far, those will not restock for another 15-20 days.

Gen-II batteries came back in stock on Monday so we have those.

Gen-I 99-07 MBTX9U - 230 CCA
GenII 08+ MTXT12U - 200 CCA

Cross reference chart is here:
http://www.pashnit.com/pics/products/motobatt/ReverseCrossReference.pdf

The MotoBatts we're selling are a lot more popular than we anticipated. The main difference is they are a sealed AGM battery with 4 poles. But the price point is excellent and they have a 2 yr replacement warranty via the manufacture.

Those are here: Buy Now: Motorcycle Batteries by MotoBatt - Gel Sealed, Ready to Use | Pashnit Moto

MBTZ10S-2_300.jpg

---

We're also a dealer for Yuasa and have both the Gen-I & Gen-II batteries in stock although their price point is much higher. The Yuasa's are generally thought of as OEM stock replacements. Also note they are traditional liquid electrolyte style batteries. The new MotoBatts are an AGM sealed battery (can be installed sideways or upside down).

Gen-I YT12A-BS, 175 CCA
Gen II/B-King YTX12-BS, 180 CCA

Those who can't wait for the Gen-I MotoBatts' to restock within the next 2-3 weeks, we've been offering deals on the Yuasa YT12A-BS (99-07 Busa) to compensate for the out of stock.

Gang, were selling so many batteries right now, can't keep them in stock. March 1st hit & we're inundated with these orders. For the Gen-I, I think we're backlogged about 15 people so far, those will not restock for another 15-20 days.

Gen-II batteries came back in stock on Monday so we have those.

Gen-I 99-07 MBTX9U - 230 CCA
GenII 08+ MTXT12U - 200 CCA

Cross reference chart is here:
http://www.pashnit.com/pics/products/motobatt/ReverseCrossReference.pdf

The MotoBatts we're selling are a lot more popular than we anticipated. The main difference is they are a sealed AGM battery with 4 poles. But the price point is excellent and they have a 2 yr replacement warranty via the manufacture.

Those are here: Buy Now: Motorcycle Batteries by MotoBatt - Gel Sealed, Ready to Use | Pashnit Moto

MBTZ10S-2_300.jpg

---

We're also a dealer for Yuasa and have both the Gen-I & Gen-II batteries in stock although their price point is much higher. The Yuasa's are generally thought of as OEM stock replacements. Also note they are traditional liquid electrolyte style batteries. The new MotoBatts are an AGM sealed battery (can be installed sideways or upside down).

Gen-I YT12A-BS, 175 CCA
Gen II/B-King YTX12-BS, 180 CCA

Those who can't wait for the Gen-I MotoBatts' to restock within the next 2-3 weeks, we've been offering deals on the Yuasa YT12A-BS (99-07 Busa) to compensate for the out of stock.

Yeah my motobattery lasted a whole 3 months it sucks they are the worst batteries ive ever used if its yellow just dont buy them motocrap. Yeah my friend laughted when he found out I made the same mistake as he did and no they do not put out the cca they claim.:moon:

Back