Battery needed, what do you recommend?

Lead Acid or Sealed Lead Acid batteries are not immune to cold, heat, or vibration. My factory battery is still going strong for nearly five years now. When it goes I will replace it with Lithium.

Plus ballstic 12 cell only weighs 2.44 lbs compared to about 11 lbs stock battery!!! One of the cheapest ways to lose 9 lbs on your bike if you're a weightloss junky like some of us on here!

+1 I would also recommend a digital volt meter to keep tabs on this type of battery.

Thanks to all for the help.

I went ahead and ordered the Ballistic, I will get it tomorrow. I hope I dont have to search for another battery for a long time.

So I bought a Ballistic battery and put it in and the voltage on it was 9.45. I tried the trick to turn the ignition on to get everything moving in the battery it didnt increase. So i jumped the battery and the bike started right up and the battery holds steady at 11V. It should be higher than this when charging with the alternator. When i shut the bike off, it goes back down to around 9.45V and I am not able to start it again.

I read somewhere that the busa does not charge anywhere below 2500 rpm. Is this true?

What about Justin? He always has a lot of deals on parts and helmets. I would say get a hold of him or Pashnit

We just carry Yuasa. I clicked on this thread as was deciding today to get one sent out to me tomorrow. Yuasa is traditional lead-acid. $87 apiece.

YUASA_YTX12-BS_350.jpg

YUASA_YTX12-BS_350.jpg

So I bought a Ballistic battery and put it in and the voltage on it was 9.45. I tried the trick to turn the ignition on to get everything moving in the battery it didnt increase. So i jumped the battery and the bike started right up and the battery holds steady at 11V. It should be higher than this when charging with the alternator. When i shut the bike off, it goes back down to around 9.45V and I am not able to start it again.

I read somewhere that the busa does not charge anywhere below 2500 rpm. Is this true?

Well I'd start by charging the battery with a charger per the instructions. Get that taken care of and then go from there.

I've heard the same thing that the busa has to reach a certain rpm before the battery begins to receive in charge but don't know how true it is. You gotta remember that some of these places keep these batteries in stock....for how long? no one knows...in what temperature/condition? no one knows.....I got mine and didn't know it was supposed to come charged so I charged mine up and never had a problem at all...have a friend who bought one and it didn't work out of the box but he charged it one time and hasn't had a problem since....properly charge it and you should be fine :thumbsup:

Ballastic Evo2

Have to warm up the battery? :dunno: I will stick with my instant Yuasa which I get an Avg of 4 years of good dependable life from.
I'm still on the original battery in my 04 busa, I keep it on a tender, and its still starting and running all the add-ons like my alarm as good as ever, in all conditions :thumbsup:
I won't complain about a battery lasting almost 9 years and STILL going strong :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back