Battery Help...

Over_Easy

GEO-STABILIZATION EXPERT
Donating Member
Registered
Well, let me start by saying I'm an idiot in this scenario. I purchased a trickle charger w/ floater awhile back to maintain the battery since it sits a couple weeks at a time w/out being ridden and I could tell it was starting to struggle to start at times after sitting.

Well, last night after sitting for a couple weeks I went to start it and it tries for about 1-2 seconds only but won't turn over. I'm thinking I probably need a new battery. While searching here on line for the appropriate battery and pricing I see the associated battery tenders and suddenly realize I have THAT trickle charger but it's set at 6V and not 12V so it was never fully charging! Doh! The batteries I see are 12V.
banghead.gif

I set it to 12V and sure enough the charging light comes on. My question is if it sits on the tender and fully charges and will start the bike do I need a new battery? Will a battery that's been through this and good enough to start the bike be fine or will having a battery that has suffered through this prevent the engine from performing as strong as it could during operation?

Thanks.

UPDATE: charged battery all day and it fires right up...idiot!

Back