Battery Drain Problem

RickyBobby

Registered
Hello ,

I have 2001 Busa , I put in a new battery and road a bit then my cluster gauges started acting up and the mileage was gone , temp is either at low or max same for fuel , rpm and speedo stays stuck.. I swapped batteries again , same problem. Has anyone had an issue like this? Thanks

Side not I removed the cluster , the connector was tight and no corrosion on the terminals

Hello ,

I have 2001 Busa , I put in a new battery and road a bit then my cluster gauges started acting up and the mileage was gone , temp is either at low or max same for fuel , rpm and speedo stays stuck.. I swapped batteries again , same problem. Has anyone had an issue like this? Thanks

Side not I removed the cluster , the connector was tight and no corrosion on the terminals
I just replaced my stator, battery, and reg/rec...When my bike started losing power while riding I would lose the headlight and then the gauges.
My issue ended up being the reg/rec, which was the last thing I replaced :banghead:

I just replaced my stator, battery, and reg/rec...When my bike started losing power while riding I would lose the headlight and then the gauges.
My issue ended up being the reg/rec, which was the last thing I replaced :banghead:
yeah, gets expensive when you guess what parts it needs . . .
there's a specific sequence to check charging system components,
1) charge and then load test battery . . .
2) test AC voltage output from the 3 separate phases coming from the stator harness . .
3) Check voltage reg/rectifier input and output . . .
there's a ton of info online about this.
Glad you got it sorted anyway.

Back