Battery drain issue

Sandow

Registered
Hey guys,
I added a few accessories over the winter (extra LEDs at the fork /angel eye for low beam and USB ports) and didn't wire them into the bikes wiring. Means they wont shut of with the ignition. Instead I Installed 3 extra switches (with leds so i can see if they are turned on or off) for each of the accessories.

I just put my fully charged battery in the bike 3 weeks ago. Yesterday I wanted to start the bike and the battery had about 4 amp power left. (and the bike didnt start of course)!

My question is - Is it possible that these accessories drain that much power even if they are not turned on at all?

Thanks!

20190211_193834.jpg

Hey guys,
I added a few accessories over the winter (extra LEDs at the fork /angel eye for low beam and USB ports) and didn't wire them into the bikes wiring. Means they wont shut of with the ignition. Instead I Installed 3 extra switches (with leds so i can see if they are turned on or off) for each of the accessories.

I just put my fully charged battery in the bike 3 weeks ago. Yesterday I wanted to start the bike and the battery had about 4 amp power left. (and the bike didnt start of course)!

My question is - Is it possible that these accessories drain that much power even if they are not turned on at all?

Thanks!
What kind of battery is it?

I dont have the exact name right now. It was in already when i bought the bike and i drove all of last year without any issues. I had it over the winter on the charger aswell.
I ask, simply because I had the same issue with a one of those shorai batteries and when I called them to ask about a new battery being dead from sitting for 3 weeks, they said those batteries crank th bike faster, but won’t hold a charge for weeks on end with some accessories on the bike, like a traditional battery does.

I ask, simply because I had the same issue with a one of those shorai batteries and when I called them to ask about a new battery being dead from sitting for 3 weeks, they said those batteries crank th bike faster, but won’t hold a charge for weeks on end with some accessories on the bike, like a traditional battery does.

I see. that might make sense!!

I had to purchase shorai’s dedicated “tender” and now keep the busa plugged in if I’m not going to ride her for a week or 2.

I know that its one of the cheap ones which the previous guy put in. I have a high quality one from my zx 14 in right now and will measure again after 2 weeks!
Thanks for your suggestion though. Im sure thats the problem. I cant imagine that switched off accessories drain that much energy.

Back