Batteries and break out box.

houstonbussa

Registered
Question for those that have extra electronics on their bike. Where do you typically tie in at.. Figured direct to the battery isn't the number one choice to keep wires clean and such? Do you make a new fuze box, use the existing or must splice in to a parallel curcuit? Just wondering because as I searched I saw one thread about a larger battery but none of the pics would display showing what they were talking about.

I donno what everyone else do, but this what I'm planning for my bike to attach GPS, Radar Detector, Camcorder and Heated cloths -

I'll have a fuzebox connected to the battery. Have 3 cigerette lighter type outlet from that to handlebar or near around that area. And have one SAE outlet for heated cloths.

I'll zip tie all these till the fuzebox and have the box put somewhere near around the battery area (have no specific area in mind as I have never opened by bike).

I'm discussing these things with Pashnit and he has been very helpful to guide me through the required equipments so far.

The only question pending is if Hayabusa battery can really handle all these equipments attached to it at the same time.

That was my next question.. I would love to see pics when you do it.. I was thinking a fuse box directly to the battery that resides under the back seat. As I plan on adding a usb charger for my phone some other electronics and this doesn't account that I may soon install an alarm system.

I was thinking a fuse box directly to the battery that resides under the back seat.

Great location for that. Lots of room back there.

Here's the FuzeBlock:
FuzeBlocks Fuse Block FZ-1 for Motorcycles | Wire & Power your Motorcycle! | PashnitMoto

And here's some great info on wiring your motorcycle:

Tips & Tricks to Wiring your Motorcycle: FuzeBlocks | Fuse Blocks for Bikes | PashnitMoto

And this too:

How to Wire your Motorcycle: FuzeBlocks | Fuse Blocks for Bikes | PashnitMoto

fz1-install-745.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw one thread about a larger battery but none of the pics would display showing what they were talking about.

Marcus, not sure which thread you found, but the one well-known battery that serious bumps the cca power is called the Fast by Gast battery.

We've got a thread for it here:

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/pash...tery-380-cold-cranking-amps-now-shipping.html

This is completely unrelated but we've also talked to these folks too:

240 CCA, but the batteries are so small, they fit in the palm of your hand.

DSC03328.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just connected everything to a bear (+) wire leading to the number plate light, soldered them and ran the wires up to the cockpit and bob's your aunty.

Running the GPS and 12v power outlet (cigarette lighter socket) mainly for powering the HD camera or phone charger when touring. :cheerleader:

Although I did have to pull the fuses on the headlights to allieviate the stress on the elec system, I was never really a fan of the daytime headlight law anyway :unhappy:

Last edited:
i thought a breakout box was used to troubleshoot electrical issues. you're talking about a power distribution block.

This is completely unrelated but we've also talked to these folks too:

View attachment 208889

240 CCA, but the batteries are so small, they fit in the palm of your hand.
Hey pashnit I was wondering if I could get a battery like that and hook up a 2 battery system, would it work with a stock battery (06 busa). Unforunately my bike lights up like a UFO :laugh: and I just need te extra juice.

Back