Basic motorcycle tools - suggestion?

Start with a 6 point socket set in mm from 6 to 18 and get a ratchet type hand wrench set with one open end in the same sizes and get two each of the 10, 12 and 14mm sizes. You’ll also need a socket or wrench large enough for your rear axle nut. The rest is common sense.

You need to be specific, is it a carry on the bike tool kit you need?
Or is it tools for your garage at home?
Here's the genuine suzuki tool kit that comes with the bike under the rear hump/seat.
I have this set, but I've added a few extra tools to the bag, but this is what I carry on my bike.
Whole different story with my home tool set for working on all sorts of bikes.
Basically my garage is close to a commercial bike workshop in the variety of tools and equipment. But that's because I'm a professional bike mechanic. I work at a bike workshop for a living.

1592040168817.png

A set like this is a great starting point.(contains sockets,allens,screwdrivers,wrenches,etc)
Also a tire guage.
Oil filter wrench.
Flare nut wrench.(you will change lines at some point) just buy the size you need,no need for a bunch of 'em.

Chain cleaner and lube.(kero cleans alot of things)
Multi meter.
Plexus for your windscreen,helmet visor,bike painted surfaces,etc)+the tiny size to fit in yer pocket or whatever to take on the road.
Battery tender. (off season storage,battery's are not cheap,a battery tender is)
S100...cleans and protects everything.
It doesn't have to be exactly as I have pictured,but those are tried and true,especially the consumables.
More as I think of it and as your budget allows.:thumbsup:
Rubb.

cl2.jpg

Get a 3/8” socket set,set of Allen keys 2-10/12mm,3/8 torque wrench with a good range(I have one 7Nm-115).
The axle nuts on the Busa are 100Nm so within that range.
A 1/2” breaker bar.
You’ll need loads more than this(socket adapters,spanner’s,screw drivers,) but you can add as you go.

You need to be specific, is it a carry on the bike tool kit you need?
Or is it tools for your garage at home?
Here's the genuine suzuki tool kit that comes with the bike under the rear hump/seat.
I have this set, but I've added a few extra tools to the bag, but this is what I carry on my bike.
Whole different story with my home tool set for working on all sorts of bikes.
Basically my garage is close to a commercial bike workshop in the variety of tools and equipment. But that's because I'm a professional bike mechanic. I work at a bike workshop for a living.

View attachment 1620871
My 19' came with less tools, so I kept my tools from my 06' before I sold it.

at very first the manual - turning one screw without can become very expensive
and
not to forget the torques like shown here (sry in german)
1 screw in the alu with too much newtons and you get a wet face by your tears

and feelers for valve clearance like these
fuehlerlehre-309644a.gif

but please in steps of 1/100 mm

and if you have space enough in your house a bike-bench to lift it in a fine & usefull height of ~ 2.4-2.5 feet

see all pics at all this (tool) sites and you get an impression what is usefull

at very first the manual - turning one screw without can become very expensive
and
not to forget the torques like shown here (sry in german)
1 screw in the alu with too much newtons and you get a wet face by your tears

and feelers for valve clearance like these
View attachment 1620889
but please in steps of 1/100 mm

and if you have space enough in your house a bike-bench to lift it in a fine & usefull height of ~ 2.4-2.5 feet

see all pics at all this (tool) sites and you get an impression what is usefull
Hi please note the screws that look like Phillips are not. They are JIS =Japanese Industrial Standard.

The best tool I have is in my wallet-a CAA Plus (Canadian Auto Assistance) card with the motorcycle endorsement..it breaks and someone comes and takes it home for me up to 300kms...

I have most of the tools I need in my garage to fix it.

About 40 years riding on the street.Never needed a tow. Knock on wood.
I think with all I have saved on roadside assistance plans I'm good for 1 or 40 tows. :laugh: I live on the edge.:thumbsup: Actually,if you look over your insurance policy you might find some *free*
road side assistance,like mine has.
Rubb.

Back