Basic maintenance people!!!!

BigBadDodge

Registered
Check your brakes and lines!!!! Got braided lines for the front (rear already has one) and ebc HH pads for both ends since i wasnt happy with the brakes, figured with only 5400 miles they wouldnt be to bad...:rofl:

Fronts were nearly on the backing plate, caught them just in time, rear isnt bad but apparently wasnt bled completely after the new caliper and line since its super mushy on the back end, what really scared me is the main line that comes off the master for the front had been rubbing on the lower triple, and had worn to the point it was very slightly seeping fluid out of it....On a bike that can do upwards of 150mph, that scares the crap outta me, got the front done and all new fluid into the system, havent ridden it but it will now nose dive the front end pushing it in the garage, spinning the caliper on the rear to bottom tomorrow and doing pads and fluid on that end, cant wait to see how she stops now:please:

Glad ya caught that, too close for comfort.
Ive noticed my rear brake seems to be wearing faster after the wide tire was put on. Thinkin the added weight may have something to do with it. That, or im just imaging things...

ok i lied rear pads were pretty bad to.

Took it out for a ride after bleeding and the levers feel worse than before, could it be the master, you have to pump the levers to get any kind of firmness in em but after sitting at a light grab the brake and it feels great, any thoughts, do i need a better master

ok i lied rear pads were pretty bad to.

Took it out for a ride after bleeding and the levers feel worse than before, could it be the master, you have to pump the levers to get any kind of firmness in em but after sitting at a light grab the brake and it feels great, any thoughts, do i need a better master

I would bleed them again first. Bike brakes can be a pain, and sometimes need bled several times, even after they seem good and have no more air visible in the bleeder line.

Mine is '01. I've had stainless steel braider lines on the fronts for a number of years, but always check them in my preride inpsection - just running my fingers along, touching the banjo fittings and around the calipers.

Rear is a different story. Still stock lines. AND STOCK PADS! I use the rear once on every ride at slow speed just to make sure it still works, and to scrub any rust if it was rainy/humid. :rofl:

Well bled some more, tried the tying the lever to the bar trick, went 2 rounds of that and had to do some pumping on the lever this morning when i first left but after that it was fine the rest of the ride to work and on the way home i didnt even have to pump it, guess she finally burped, brakes feel amazing 180* turn around from what they were, i am now happy!!

Time to go sync the throttle bodies with the new carbtune pro and we should be good to go:cheerleader:

Back