Bash Rides...ugh

I recall asking Jay to clean up the slide on the Dragon, and I must say, he did an excellent job for us. Maybe all of Team Gixxer could get in on this clean up? It could be like the adopt a highway program, we'll get ya a lil sign and everything, whadda say? :laugh:

I could probably dig up a Tonka dump truck around here somewhere, but for some reason I think we'll need a bit more than that.:banghead:

sonofabi...

Well, given where it's at, we could start on the TN side, ride up, turn around and come back I guess...traffice likely lighter since autos wanting transit will all go the other way...all is not lost....of course, it also means everyone that would have gone over the Cherahola will not have to go over the Dragon...:banghead:

it will be ready for you guys in time: "Setzer said Thursday he expects the Skyway will be closed for at least two months."...i expect to see some pics!! :beerchug:

When is the last time a TDOT project EVER finished when they said it would...in their defense; I wouldn't even know where to begin to work on a drop off like that!
it will be ready for you guys in time: "Setzer said Thursday he expects the Skyway will be closed for at least two months."...i expect to see some pics!! :beerchug:

When is the last time a TDOT project EVER finished when they said it would...in their defense; I wouldn't even know where to begin to work on a drop off like that!

Wel,l I guess its good it NCDOT doing the work. I just hope there nothing like TDOT. I usually see 5 older guys standing around and 2 younger guys doing work. :laugh:

Here's a good one.

P4210002.jpg

sonofabi...

Well, given where it's at, we could start on the TN side, ride up, turn around and come back I guess...traffice likely lighter since autos wanting transit will all go the other way...all is not lost....of course, it also means everyone that would have gone over the Cherahola will not have to go over the Dragon...:banghead:

The only thing that sucks with that is that, from Robbinsville, we would have to go around to Telico and then start up ... And i wonder how much of the skyway they have closed???

Wel,l I guess its good it NCDOT doing the work. I just hope there nothing like TDOT. I usually see 5 older guys standing around and 2 younger guys doing work. :laugh:
Oh that's a heck of a lot better than SCDOT, a dozen trucks, backhoe, small roller, one person driving each vehicle, while work progresses the driver just sits there in the drivers seat, one operator for each piece of heavy equipment, a flag person on each end. Eight hour day. Now this is for a small pot hole. Good thing they're not union :laugh:

Great Memories!! On the Skyway... First pic from Spring Bash 2007. Last pic is from Fall Bash 2012

229251_10151079534110875_1662655545_n.jpg

Attachments

• untitled7.bmp
    1.2 MB · Views: 347
Back