Baseline passes done

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
back to back 10.50's @ 137mph with a 1.69 60' on the BT021 tires and stock map... (dead on consistent anyway)

Track temp 108 / Air 79 at 78% humidity

NOW if I can get Ryan to get this pig on the Dyno... the MPH seems to indicate that my tune is in pretty poor shape so pretty sure this thing can see 9's without any other new parts.. will probably have to keep 2 maps.. the one now is getting 38-45mpg avg..

Was pretty nice that the BT021's did so well, the bike ran through first and second on the rear tire so not too much slippage..

those are nice times expically for the hight temps, and humidit,im sorry i forgot but what year is your bike and what is the setup on it if i may ask!!! i bet you were dieing in your leathers on that hot day!!!

will probably have to keep 2 maps.. the one now is getting 38-45mpg avg..
You can keep your track map at wide open throttle, AND your street / cruising map on a single map. My 2% - 10% throttle from idle up to about 8k rpm is tuned for maximum fuel economy 14.1 A/F on the highway (around 50 mpg) and my 100% throttle settings are tuned for 13.2 A/F for max power. Fuel injection is just the balls. Switchable maps are simply not needed for fuel economy.

good passes, won't be long before your mods list starts in a new direction,humm?
argue.gif

You can keep your track map at wide open throttle, AND your street / cruising map on a single map.  My 2% - 10% throttle from idle up to about 8k rpm is tuned for maximum fuel economy 14.1 A/F on the highway (around 50 mpg) and my 100% throttle settings are tuned for 13.2 A/F for max power.  Fuel injection is just the balls.  Switchable maps are simply not needed for fuel economy.
That is pretty much what I have done. It works.

I've got a USB map swtich and I use it to compare changes on the fly with the data logger. Pretty neet.

You can keep your track map at wide open throttle, AND your street / cruising map on a single map. My 2% - 10% throttle from idle up to about 8k rpm is tuned for maximum fuel economy 14.1 A/F on the highway (around 50 mpg) and my 100% throttle settings are tuned for 13.2 A/F for max power. Fuel injection is just the balls. Switchable maps are simply not needed for fuel economy.
That is pretty much what I have done. It works.

I've got a USB map swtich and I use it to compare changes on the fly with the data logger. Pretty neet.
had crossed my mind but was not sure if it would work as planned... I was thinking that the 80% and above would be for full boogy...

Density altitude was around 3500'

good passes, won't be long before your mods list starts in a new direction,humm?
argue.gif
probably not... I already turned down a turbo (and with my background, about the only way I could justify)
smile.gif
afraid my CDL might take a beating..

Busa Girl, it is an 06 with 19K on the clock..

You can keep your track map at wide open throttle, AND your street / cruising map on a single map.  My 2% - 10% throttle from idle up to about 8k rpm is tuned for maximum fuel economy 14.1 A/F on the highway (around 50 mpg) and my 100% throttle settings are tuned for 13.2 A/F for max power.  Fuel injection is just the balls.  Switchable maps are simply not needed for fuel economy.
That is pretty much what I have done.  It works.

had crossed my mind but was not sure if it would work as planned... I was thinking that the 80% and above would be for full boogy...  

Density altitude was around 3500'
My logs are showing pretty much on all of the cruising my TPS is in the 2%-7% area. Actually most is 3-5%. I've got a few hours of logs from Eureka Springs if you want to take a look. I think you might be surprised. I wouldn't call it slow pace Honda Jon and I were running on Sunday and they still fall in the same guidelines. I might try to export one to a spreadsheet and look at the numbers by percentage of time on the log.

I have kept a mental note of throttle during cruise and that does not surprise me at all.. I figured that 95% was under 10% throttle... The other part of the curve has been a bit tougher to keep track of (in town "moderate" acceleration) this tends to run in the 40-60% range but it is hard to gauge.. I figured if the "hot" part of the map fit above the 60% range, I would be in pretty good shape..

Here is some info from a data analysis of a 44 minute log capture in Eureka Springs.   You may ride at a faster pace than I do!  
winkold.gif

TPS                   Number of seconds logged
0% 27
1-1.9% 165  
2-2.9% 280
3-3.9% 512
4-4.9% 409
5-5.9% 397
6-6.9% 282
7-7.9% 222
8-8.9% 115
9-9.9% 83
10-11.9% 70
12-14.9% 37
15-19.9% 22
20-24.9% 6
25-29.9% 3
30-30.9% 4
40-40.9% 3
Above 50% 3

As you can see out of 44 minutes only 41 seconds would be controlled buy the 20% or above fueling. Of that 22seconds would be split between the 10% and 20% column. ie: 15% TPS is controlled 50-50 with the 10 and 20% cell.

So having performance numbers in the 20% up columns is not going to make much differences in the fuel mileage.

I just ordered the multi hub switch/module for the powercommander so I can select the brocks track map or the economy map. I get to test it out on the 22nd.
laugh.gif

And 79F, man I have to wait for about four months before I see those temps. It is common for the air temp to be 100F (track temp of 135F) at midnight here in the Summer months.

Back