Barrett .50 take a hike

I think you would need a really big safe for that thing !

Anti tank rifles have a short, 28 year, but interesting history. The appearance of the tank on the Western front in World War I caused the German Army to seek ways to destroy it. This started an international race between the tank designers and the arms designers to create more heavily armored tanks and more powerful guns to defeat them.

Tank armor remained at 1918 levels until the mid-thirties when most anti tank rifles were designed. The Lahti model 39 in 20mm was one of the largest of these rifles. The Lahti anti tank rifle was derived from the Lahti aircraft cannon of 1937. As few modifications as possible were done to produce the ground gun. A pistol grip and trigger mechanism were made; a muzzle brake, shoulder pad, sights and a bipod were fitted.

Lahti L-39 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Heres a parts kit you too can own !
An intelligent gunsmith could make it work again.

WTS: 20mm L39 Lahti parts kit $6000

Looks like Knob Creek in Ky where they are ?

Could'a bought a Solothurn 20mm just like this, with longer case and more access. for
800$ back in 1965. Just didn't have the $:banghead:

20mmSolothurnCase.jpg

I have a few of those casings in my collection from my days in the AF. Those are just target practice rounds....would be fun to get hold of some yellow and black ones... :whistle:

Last edited:
That one looks about large enough to take spools and a rear stand~?~ :laugh:

Last edited:
Could'a bought a Solothurn 20mm just like this, with longer case and more access. for
800$ back in 1965. Just didn't have the $:banghead:

Dude I love old guns in big boxes !..
Nice thread already...:thumbsup:

Dude shooting it in orig vid should have been more at a 45 degree angle to dissipate as much energy off himself.
To take it straight like drives 100% of the recoil thru your entire body.

Here is a nice little video of the AC-130 gunship. It has two 20 MM machine guns that are shown at about 1 min into the video. It can toss them out at a rate of 6,000 rounds / min....each. (I spent 10 years in the AF working on the engines for these things.)

The latest revisions have replaced the two 20's with a single 25 mm. Rated at 1,800 rounds / min.

She is a mean girl.

LiveLeak.com - AC130 Hercules Gunship demo video

Can I get 2, please! I too would like to know what the FBI would be shooting at that they would need 2 of them? Thanks for sharing the video with all of us.

Back