Barber in October

jbrew44

Registered
Checking to see if anybody here is going to Barber in October. I saw STT still have some novice and intermediate openings. I haven't had the Busa on the track yet.

i was thinking about going . i never been but would like to ..will you all le tme know if you sign up..

(NX95240 @ Sep. 06 2007,20:06)
(Powers739 @ Sep. 05 2007,19:28) Looks like Saturday is full, Sunday only Novice still available...
what class do you ride in??
Novice... I'm not trying to prove anything, I enjoy having a controlled enviroment and it's like golf for me, it's a game of self improvement for me.

(jbrew44 @ Sep. 07 2007,22:51) I would like to be in the intermediate if possible.
If you've never done trackdays before, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you run novice group. Or you will be in for a huge suprise. You need to learn body positioning (which is much more different than street riding), race lines vs defensive lines (you must also be predictable with your lines with the rider behind you trying to pass-or a bad outcome may occur), reference points, braking markers, avoidance of target fixation, throttle control and smoothness and eventually laptimes. It took me a couple years to finally reach top intermediate/mid-pack race group (advanced). And that's by tracking at least 12-15 times per year.

I've never run Barber's intermediate but I'm pretty sure it's competent to the intermediate levels here in the west coast.

Very good advice. I have track experience and have ran advanced group at Barber although it was on a 600.

I was looking at the 27th or the 28th through STT.Looks like it is full right now but you can usually find someone needing to sell their day or days on STT forum. If anybody decides to go I'll try to get a spot with a wtb post on their forum.

How do you sign up for this and what do you have to have in order to run your bike on the track as in gear and bike set up?

(jbrew44 @ Sep. 08 2007,03:07) Very good advice. I have track experience and have ran advanced group at Barber although it was on a 600.
cool. If you've done advanced group before, you should be fine. Intermediate should be no problem. The Busa is harder to late brake and requires just a little more leg strength for turn in. Otherwise, she'll actually be a blast to ride.

Back