bar riser / idle problem

02blackandblue

Registered
ok i know it seems that i am dumping all my questions at one time.....i have a 2" bar riser but when i turn either direction while i am walking the bike the idle rises..it seems that the choke cable is being pulled when i turn to the left and the throttle cable when turned to the right...is there new cables available that are longer to compensate for this problem or do i need to reroute the cables?
rock.gif
??

reroute your fast idle cable... instead of it going around the steering head, undo it and run it in between the bolts of the tank. Not a great picture but you can see my fast idle cable running on the left side of the steering head and between the tank mount bolts... i have heilbars and 3/4 inch reaper risers and dont need longer cables...

newscreenandbars1.jpg

+1 on sloto's comment. You don't need longer cables, yet...

(Sloto200 @ Mar. 18 2007,15:54) reroute your fast idle cable... instead of it going around the steering head, undo it and run it in between the bolts of the tank.  Not a great picture but you can see my fast idle cable running on the left side of the steering head and between the tank mount bolts...  i have heilbars and 3/4 inch reaper risers and dont need longer cables...

newscreenandbars1.jpg
What's the easiest way to disconnect the cable?
From the adjuster bolts?

(LadyHawk @ Mar. 31 2007,08:51) What's the easiest way to disconnect the cable?
From the adjuster bolts?
Yep. Loosen the nut(s) on the throttle body assembly, remove the cable from the cam and reroute it.

(omslaw @ Mar. 31 2007,10:02)
From the adjuster bolts?
Yep.  Loosen the nut(s) on the throttle body assembly, remove the cable from the cam and reroute it.
Thanks Omar. I looked at it earlier, but was scared to loosen those bolts. Just "knew" something would not go back together correctly.

OK, here I go.
smile.gif

(LadyHawk @ Mar. 31 2007,10:07)
(omslaw @ Mar. 31 2007,10:02)
From the adjuster bolts?
Yep.  Loosen the nut(s) on the throttle body assembly, remove the cable from the cam and reroute it.
Thanks Omar. I looked at it earlier, but was scared to loosen those bolts. Just "knew" something would not go back together correctly.

OK, here I go.  
smile.gif
not BOLTS.. NUTS!!

yeah so my girly-ness comes out once in a while.
tounge.gif

OK ,OK, so I undid the BOLTS.. and all it did was show me the cable running into that bent metal tube.

I'm not doing something right.

Throttle body= where it connects to the handlebars?

(LadyHawk @ Mar. 31 2007,07:18) OK ,OK, so I undid the BOLTS.. and all it did was show me the cable running into that bent metal tube.

Throttle bodies are under the tank
wink.gif

(BA BUSA @ Mar. 31 2007,10:25)
(LadyHawk @ Mar. 31 2007,07:18) OK ,OK, so I undid the BOLTS.. and all it did was show me the cable running into that bent metal tube.

Throttle bodies are under the tank  
wink.gif
laugh.gif
gotcha....

here I go AGAIN.

Yay for me!
Done. And except for losing a washer into the vast inards of the Busa.. I did it without a hitch. Thanks guys!

(this is what happens when GJoker sleeps late.
laugh.gif
)

cable.JPG

Good stuff Lady Hawk! I actually disconnected mine from the lever itself... went without a hitch!

(LadyHawk @ Mar. 31 2007,10:09) Yay for me!
Done. And except for losing a washer into the vast inards of the Busa.. I did it without a hitch. Thanks guys!

laugh.gif
)
Looks like you're missing a tank bolt, too!
tounge.gif

(omslaw @ Mar. 31 2007,22:23)
(LadyHawk @ Mar. 31 2007,10:09) Yay for me!

laugh.gif
)
Looks like you're missing a tank bolt, too!  
tounge.gif
Ya knowww, smarty had a party and nobody came!!

laugh.gif

I was waiting for GJoker to come help me find the washer. It was under the air box... it's all put back together now.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

(Devil Dog @ Mar. 31 2007,22:29) cut the choke cable......you don't need it
all_coholic.gif

J/k...kidding or course!!!!!
I said I could be girly sometimes.. I didn't say I was BLONDE!!
mad.gif

(Heh, heh, sorry BlondeOnABusa.
biggrin.gif
)

Back