Bar flex

juno27f

Registered
I have lowered the front end of my bike and have been having this weird flex in my bars when I hit a bump,hump manhole,etc. So yesterday while at home sitting still I pressed down a few times and I see my suspension working but also get more than enough clip-on flex.
Is this normal?
If so,is there a replacement that can reduce this feeling?
Any and all help is greatly appreciated:beerchug:

Post a pic, there shouldnt be a lot of flex. What did you change?

All tthat I changed was the top clamp to an open style so I could lower. Mind you I am fully mechanically inclined

Now mind you I might be over stating this Because bar flex is not something that I want at all. but I would honestly say quarter to half inch at bar ends

Sounds like the problem is with the new top clamp. Check the flex in the clamp when you push the clip ons.

I checked mine before and after. I think your top clamp has to much material cut out of it. I put a clamp on mine and have not noticed anything different then what it was stock. Here is mine

DSC_0001.jpg

Hmm, I cant see anything wrong with style you have. Do the bars move in the clamp? Or is the clamp itself moving? Or are the bars really flexing that much and clamp and bar ends in the clamp solid? Just trying to figure it out, mine do not move unless I really try to torque on them.

I checked the clamp itself and it does not flex. rechecked the bolts, they are all good. It is just the bars. Are there any replacements

Now mind you I might be over stating this Because bar flex is not something that I want at all. but I would honestly say quarter to half inch at bar ends

1/2"??? something is definately wrong if you have that much flex,I honestly dont notice any flex what so ever.I have no ideas what it could be though.

do you have "clip ons"? or using the stock bars?

Last edited:
Try turning the spring pre-load all the way down to maximum and try flexing it then. Maybe your suspension is really whats flexing and not the clip-ons.

Back