Bar Ens

Tinman's Busa

Registered
Does anyone know where I can get a set of matte bar ends for a gen 2? I have gloss ones on there now and would like to change them to matte but can't seem to find matte ones. Thanks

If you have, or know someone who has one, you could 3D print some. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2306777

I posted these to Thingiverse years ago. Free (+hardware) if you have a printer. Or you could design your own?
BAR END ASSY.JPG
BAR END ASSY_XP.JPG

Thanks for the idea. Sadly no printer. On that note would the printer get the weight right?
Short answer, no. They weigh very little. I made these 3D Printed ones specifically for my Fatbar setup, where vibration was not an issue. The extra weight of the stock bar-ends, or even my old Brass ones was unnecessary. With my old setup (Helibars, Genmar tall riser) I rode for many years with the very heavy Custom Brass bar-ends shown here. Those babys are vibration killers! But as I said way overkill with my new setup. These will work on a stock bar certainly, but if your after vibration reduction its a no.
DSCN0039a.jpg

20170509_173304.jpg

I’ve wantwd to get one for a while. What would you recommend? Is there a way to scan a part and then print it?
The one I have is the Monoprice Maker Select Plus. I love this printer! It has had a number of upgrades to things like the frame supports, Fan shroud, spool holder etc. That is the cool thing about these things is you can just print better or new parts for them that vastly improve even the stock performance (sound familiar? :D ). I paid just over $300 for mine several years ago and it seems like the price is pretty much the same now even on Amazon! The only thing I really wish it had that some of the newer printers have is a self leveling bed! If I want good prints I have to check the level before every print. This is just down to the coil spring mounting of the bed and as I said as long as you level it it works superbly!

I print mainly in PLA and PLA+ material, mainly because I have it sitting in an armoire in our living room for thermal stability and sound reduction, though the latter is not really much of an issue. If I was to switch to ABS I would take it to the garage! ABS is foul smelling stuff and I would not recommend printing with it in an enclosed area you occupy! The PLA is actually a corn starch based material and doesn't really smell at all.

If you are looking for a good entry level printer the Monoprice MP Select Mini 3D Printer V2 is an excellent choice as well. For just over $200 it is a well respected printer with the caveat that it is limited in Build volume!

I should note that both of these machines are virtually identical to the Wanhao Equivalents, but priced lower. Every part that is made to fit the Wanhao duplicator i3 plus is a perfect match to mine! Made by the same people and everything, same goes for the mini listed above. You will find more information on the Wanhao machines simply because they have been around longer but the price point is much higher!

The sky is the limit from here! There are printers now that you can print in Sintered Titanium if you want to! If I had to bet I would say that we will be 3D printing structures on the moon within the next decade.

As far as scanning parts that is something I have never done in my private endeavours. But it is becoming far more simple now. There are softwares available that basically turn your cell phone into a 3D scanner, though I have never used them.

Thanks, that provided a lot of good info. I’ve been interested in them for a while to make some scary parts that the world don’t like to talk about but also just to fiddle with in general. Without knowing autocad or similar software I was curious how to “scan” and print a part. Will be doing more reading now in my downtime

Back