Ballistic 12 cell...fits like a glove in Gen 1.

Quicker Gixxer

Registered
I got conflicting information here regarding whether or not a Ballistic 12 cell would fit into the battery compartment of a Gen 1. I went with the advice of a guy who actually did it...and I ordered one. Yup...dropped right in. Front to back is a nice fit..only needing a thin layer of the foam they provide...side to side will require a bit more obviously. I'm using new shop rags right now until I'm sure it will crank this thing when it gets hot. If not..I'm going to a 24v system and will end up swapping the 12 cell for an 8 cell for my second battery. I'll use my stock battery in the stock location...and need the 8 cell for my trunk as the 12 cell won't fit back there. Wish me luck.. :please:

IMG_20130827_074015_158.jpg

Can't beat a Ballistic :thumbsup: I heard the hype and when I finally got mine it did not disappoint....:whistle:

I have Ballistic batteries also for my 24v system. 12 cell main and 4 cell secondary. Starts up every time.

More amps and you won't believe how light they are compared to stock. When I got the 8 cell...I didn't think there was anything in the box until I opened it... :laugh:

I'm all about buying upgrades that are actually benefical to the ride so I will look into it. Could always use better starting power. What size do I need to get to replace the stocker? I see you guys mention different sizes

Get the 12 cell model that's the 1 that's actually recommended for the busa by the manufacturer

Cool. Thanks 1busa. I probably will work to get one over the winter. I'm sure they are much more than the off-shelf batteries.

Cool. Thanks 1busa. I probably will work to get one over the winter. I'm sure they are much more than the off-shelf batteries.

They are a little more than a regular battery but ask anybody that has 1 it's money well spent. I'd contact Justin aka Honda East Toledo on here an see what kinda deal he can offer

They are a little more than a regular battery but ask anybody that has 1 it's money well spent. I'd contact Justin aka Honda East Toledo on here an see what kinda deal he can offer
Thanks I will do that. Now how to sneak this in the house pass the wife. :laugh:

Get the 12 cell model that's the 1 that's actually recommended for the busa by the manufacturer

Yup...the 8 cell is only rated up to 1000cc or so. There are people with Busa's that use them and they work fine...but for my 1397 I needed more juice. I got my 12 cell on ebay from sportbikeneeds for about $170 shipped, that was a good price from what I found over-all. I think the 8 cell is only about $30 cheaper...so that's not bad for an additional 4 cells.

+1 on this battery. I got the 12 cell and used a little bit of foam that it came with to fill the gap in the battery box. Lot of cold cranking amps but remember. Just don't let it drain past 30% or Ballistic won't warranty it. It only loses 10% of its charge a year if left alone, so it's a great battery and worth the investment.

Back