Ballin on a Budget exhaust questions?????

FastRash

Registered
Ok so I work a job where my pay wildly swings. So I just got my 06 and I plan on adding a full header and, airbox and remapping or flashing the system as soon as I can, whether it be next month or a few months down the road. Whatever needs done. Keep in mind I am not a mechanic and all of this is new to me. I will be using a shop or myself and dad will be taking on this. Pretty much immediately I want to add slip ons. With what little I know I think I've narrowed down my choices. Two Brothers, Vance and Hines CS-ONE OR MAYBE HMF. Are these good choices that will work with a header down the road? What do you guys think? if so will I see a performance gain once. I do the additonal work with the air box, header etc?

Save your money and buy a good pipe, slip-ons don't add any performance to the bike. They might save you a little weight on that Gen I and change the sound and appearance.

When you add the header you'll need to do the marble mod or completely remove the pair valve system. Either is easy to accomplish.

I haven't heard enough about the airbox mod to tell you it's worth your effort. To save money and headaches leave the airbox alone and stick with the factory filter.

With the header added you'll need to add a PC and get it tuned or find a tuner that will flash the ECU and do an ECU dyno tune.

So save your pennies until you can do it right. On the other hand these bikes come badazz out the box.

I think those are all good exhaust but you could find a Muzzy full system used for around $350 and you'd be getting what you need in power with air box mod etc. If you decide to go with the slip ons you will have to change the pipes and headers whenever you do decide to upgrade. What I did was I bought full muzzy headers for $100 and a muzzy can for $100 and wala full system. Then I took it a step further and found an Brocks alien head for $200 which fit my muzzy headers…Ballin on a Budget my friend.

Back